U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:24 AM

11,231 posts, read 5,939,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Because the world is obsessed with policing the female body.
That's the damn truth, ain't it?

Old Today, 02:22 PM

7,555 posts, read 13,316,337 times
The OP sees no irony in calling Reaves' mother's look "very natural" -- after listing all the plastic surgery she's apparently had.

And there is absolutely nothing to criticize about Ms. Grant's appearance (especially her NATURAL gray hair!!), even if I routinely went around criticizing others' looks (and WHY would anyone DO that unless they are, well, not so nice human beings?). Holy crap, what a mean-spirited OP (not surprising though).

As others have pointed out, the policing of women's faces and bodies knows no end, especially from Internet jerks.

Old Today, 04:18 PM

11,495 posts, read 15,123,262 times
People in the public eye open themselves up to comments and criticism. While these women aren't celebrities themselves they are attending celebrity events. I think this has far more to with the comments than the fact that people are policing women's looks. Male celebs get grief over the same things too.

Old Today, 04:21 PM

23,244 posts, read 25,149,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'm not even sure why we're even criticizing these women. They aren't celebrities ... why are we subjecting them to public scrutiny?
Right? "I don't find this celebrity-adjacent lady attractive, and I need to tell people about it."

Old Today, 04:27 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,537,025 times
Who is policing women's faces or bodies?

I see none of that. What I do see is people expressing their opinions about how people look.

lol @ 3rd wave feminists if they think they can stop that.

Oh, and can we please stop implying the sexualization of people applies only to men sexualizing women? Ever been to a tennis tournament when Rafael Nadal changes shirts? Paid any attention to Jason Mamoa memes recently?

Old Today, 04:27 PM

11,231 posts, read 13,964,906 times
I've never seen his mother. I wasn't expecting that..

People, for cryin out loud...! Plastic surgery does not look "natural". It just looks obvious.

Old Today, 04:31 PM

8,670 posts, read 3,164,125 times
Well, call me crazy I guess. I think Keanu's mother looks great. And so what, whatever work she's had done. The stupid link wouldn't let me scroll down to actually read the article, where I assume all the work done was listed?

And his girlfriend looks lovely too.

Old Today, 05:19 PM

13,127 posts, read 7,307,960 times
Alexandra Grant looks great.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacma/31199750195

They look well matched to me.
https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/k...artists-books/

Keanu's mom looks like his mom. Alex looks like his girlfriend.

Old Today, 05:33 PM

40,943 posts, read 15,732,274 times
Threads gossiping about whether someone looks good or not always quickly go south. This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or