U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,741,602 times

Advertisements

I have frames but need new Rx lenses put in. Excluding Costco (i know Costco is cheap) which Brick and Mortar will be cheapest for new lenses? I know some mailorder companies already. Look for cheapest retail besides Costco. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:06 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,658,236 times
When I needed to have my progressive lens replaced in a hurry and could not wait 10 days to get them, I tried Lens Crafters. They had a lab on site and I could get my prescription filled in an hour. I took an old spare pair of glasses in and asked if they could replace the lens with my new prescription - nothing fancy like ultra light weight lens or anti- glare or special coatings. Just the least expensive lens as these would end up being a spare pair once my new pair of glasses with all these "extras" arrived.

With my AAA or AARP discount I got a 15% discount off of the "lens only" price. Ended up costing me $112.

My lens only price with all the "extras" that took ten days to arrive from my local eye place cost about $400.

Progressive lens are expensive and the price difference is due to all the extras I needed for the frames I would use most of the time. But, if you need glasses in a hurry and they are going to be a second pair and you can skip the extra light lens/anti glare stuff - stop in to a Lens Crafters and ask them to quote you a price.

I am sure that if I had asked Lens Crafters for an identical lens the price would have been closer to my local eye place - but, since they would end up being my spare pair I just needed a basic lens to get me thru a few weeks until my other glasses arrived.

Old Today, 04:02 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,741,602 times
I'm going to try
Lensabl
and
Costco

Walmart lenses will run about 177$ for my progressive/Transition lenses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty