U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 10:45 AM

3,175 posts, read 2,583,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You can try to crochet mouse teeth along the neckline. Maybe use a pearl embroidery floss to make it look the same but not the same. Have you tried Amazon?
LOL I'm not talented in that aspect. Better to just buy a new one for me. I have other sweaters I really like.. I've been leaning toward bigger and baggier sweaters but the thing is, they're all either black or white or gray LOL. This is the only sweater I have that isn't neutral colored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 01:59 AM

7,762 posts, read 8,176,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I wasn't planning on buying much in the way of new clothes for at least the next 5 years. When you have 5 closets, a dresser and 4 large totes stuffed with clothes and shoes; and little to none of those items are even showing the slightest wear yet - its time to take breather.
That's what I've been telling myself for the last decade.!
At least I'm trying to get better about "when you bring in new, get rid of some old."
I really do need to stop it with "the retail therapy." But...you only live once....

As for the Corona virus.....I don't know what to make of it yet. The world has survived SARS, bird flu, norovirus, Legionnaire's Disease, Ebola, Dengue Fever, etc.

How this new hot topic of a disease threat is so different -- if it is -- I don't know.
I don't go out that much so I doubt I'll be directly affected by the disease itself.
As for ripple effects?.....

Old Today, 10:41 AM

5,802 posts, read 8,697,681 times
Well, with my favorite brand, the first of their fall/winter collection is starting to show up at Belk (online at least, not sure about in stores). Usually the first of their fall/winter shows up in late May, but this year it is a month late. I wonder if there will be supply shortages.

Note that since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a push in the fashion industry for fashion seasons to align more with real seasons, as well as the elimination of pre-collections such as pre-fall and resort/cruise.

While this might make sense from a sustainability standpoint for northern climates, what will it mean for warmer climates? Pre-fall and resort/cruise are heavily marketed in warmer climates since there is limited demand for fall/winter in these climates. Perhaps fall/winter can incorporate some clothes for warmer weather within the collection as some brands do. Pre-fall collections feature fall/winter colors but are generally more lightweight than true fall/winter collections, while resort/cruise is generally marketed in the late fall for holiday vacationers and snowbirds going to warm climates for the winter.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; Today at 10:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or