Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 04:50 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,735,454 times

Advertisements

The reviews seem to be really good but I don't like paying so much for makeup as I mostly don't wear makeup or wear very light makeup but the pictures do look good! Has anyone tried this?

https://thrivecausemetics.com/produc...RoCPC0QAvD_BwE
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 10:41 PM

15,630 posts, read 26,107,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
The reviews seem to be really good but I don't like paying so much for makeup as I mostly don't wear makeup or wear very light makeup but the pictures do look good! Has anyone tried this?

https://thrivecausemetics.com/produc...RoCPC0QAvD_BwE
It’s a tubing mascara. Comes off with warm water. It does lengthen the lashes, but you can only go one coat with those kind of mascaras. If you like a tubing mascara, it’s pretty good, but I don’t particularly like tubing mascaras.

Boots No7 also has a tubing mascara that isn't nearly as good as Thrive.

There are also people who are saying on other sites that when they rate any Thrive Causemetic anything less than a four or five, it does not get published or it gets deleted off their site. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, at least at the Ultas I’ve been in, Thrive Causemetics are now available there. So you can save shipping.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:11 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,735,454 times
Thanks for the heads up. I may try Ulta then. I don't like that they only post good reviews either. That makes sense as to why I didn't see any reviews lower than 4 stars. I actually like tubing mascara. I have only been able to use tubing mascaras because any other mascara would smudge for me. But now I'm questioning whether this is really better than a $12 L'oreal tubing mascara.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:10 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,161,197 times
I saw this advertised on Facebook and there were some negative reviews, mostly about clumping. I hate my mascara to look clumpy; I want it to lengthen & darken while still looking fairly natural.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:17 AM

16,341 posts, read 12,294,256 times
My sister LOVES this mascara. Swears she'll never use anyone else. So I bit the bullet and ordered it online (all the ULTAs around me get very limited quantities that sell out fast, so after three weeks of stalking my store on shipment day, I gave up).

I like it alright. I'm not blown away or anything. I think I'll be going back to my favorite L'Oreal Lash Paradise. It's certainly much less expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty