Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 01:27 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

You will get hooked on the son's channel which is dozens of makeovers.

This is only for hard core make-up lovers because no one else will find it interesting at 42 min. Mom has a very down to earth personality and doesn't take herself seriously. She looked her age at the beginning with no hair or makeup done but by the end at least ten years younger. Can't believe how fast she worked -- sixty years of practice!

I have to admit I was skeptical as she progressed and would do my makeup differently but it worked for her - old school glamor makeup with false eyelashes. Anyone remember those controversial mink coat ads of decades ago, "What becomes a legend most?" Watch till the end for her photo shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mgt-MoJGxQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 06:51 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
I didn't watch this time, but I have seen it before. It's pretty amazing what she does with herself. It's heavier than I would care for but the transformation is pretty stunning. But, I'm not hooked on his other vids.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Wow - she looks so different. I also think her foundation is a little dark and the rest of the make-up is heavier than I would use and I would never wear my make-up to bed. I'm surprised her skin looks as good as it does.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:29 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
She looks great, because she has great bone structure to begin with. I would KILL for those cheekbones, lol! I don't agree that you apply blush all the way up past the eyes and eyebrows, though. That seems strange.

I think the level of makeup one applies for the camera is different, than what most people would do for everyday life. You need to apply more, to get it to show up on camera. I've experimented with that for drivers' license photos. It really makes a difference; with just light makeup, you still look washed out under the harsh fluorescent lighting they use.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-05-2020 at 10:52 AM..

Old 03-05-2020, 10:59 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I would never wear my make-up to bed. I'm surprised her skin looks as good as it does.
I remember reading years ago that Zsa Zsa Gabor wore her makeup to bed because she wanted her husband-of-the-moment to see the woman he fell in love with when he woke up with her. In that case, women should get tattooed brows, liner and lip line. I'd do that if I could afford it.

But it's the laundry aspect that puts me off. Does she use a different pillowcase every night?

Where do they sell that tape, by the way? Cheaper than a facelift! Old time movie stars supposedly used that trick. Might have been Max Factor who invented it.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:38 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't agree that you apply blush all the way up past the eyes and eyebrows, though. That seems strange.
I don't use blush up on my temples or forhead, but I do use contour/bronzer. It adds dimension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty