Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 03:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
How is a boob job any different than a nose job, cheek job etc? Celebs do what they have to in order to stay ahead of the game. Who am I to say whether it's right or wrong? It's their body! Do as you please...
A nose, to most people, cannot be more than slightly attractive. Boobs, to many men, are a favorite body part, if they're the "right" size and shape.

"Ahead of the game" is an important comment, for a point I'd overlooked. What well-known entertainers do with their looks influences the public. Famous wmen getting implants when their natural breasts were okay isn't a good message to send to teenage girls and women under 25.

Old 03-06-2020, 03:29 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
WTH was that necessary? What does it have to do with anything?

If people minded their own damn business rather than point fingers and namecall we would all be better off.
The point of that is that so many "stars" blast men for sexualizing women, then alter their bodies to unnatural proportions.

If you're selling your looks, don't complain when men look.

Hollywood is full of itself.

Old 03-06-2020, 03:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Is it “cheating” when male actors get hair transplants, extensive dental work, and plastic surgery?

Is it “cheating“ when they work out for hours every day so they will have unnaturally developed muscles?

Why would be changing one’s body to please themselves be “cheating?”

Old 03-06-2020, 03:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
The point of that is that so many "stars" blast men for sexualizing women, then alter their bodies to unnatural proportions.

If you're selling your looks, don't complain when men look.

Hollywood is full of itself.
It's not the looking that women complain about.

Being full of oneself is not limited to Hollywood - or women - regardless of political beliefs.

Old 03-06-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Is it “cheating” when male actors get hair transplants,
Probably not, given their rather limited effectiveness.

Quote:
extensive dental work,
Maybe, although some dental work can be necessary for long-term jaw function. Some of them are treating needs they previously couldn't afford to.

Quote:
and plastic surgery?
I don't think any even slightly popular cosmetic surgery has the impact that significant breast augmentation does.

Quote:
Is it “cheating“ when they work out for hours every day so they will have unnaturally developed muscles?
That's not just the gym At least it involves hard work, which is contrary to most types of cheating.

Quote:
Why would be changing one’s body to please themselves be “cheating?”
I don't think many women get large-sized implants just to please themselves.

Old 03-06-2020, 05:47 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
A nose, to most people, cannot be more than slightly attractive. Boobs, to many men, are a favorite body part, if they're the "right" size and shape.

"Ahead of the game" is an important comment, for a point I'd overlooked. What well-known entertainers do with their looks influences the public. Famous wmen getting implants when their natural breasts were okay isn't a good message to send to teenage girls and women under 25.
You watch too much TV.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
I've been accused of being fake because I color my hair and wear contact lenses, and to boot, they acted like it was some shameful secret I tried to hide.

Our society still has a long way to go in accepting that women are free to alter their appearance if they want to.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You watch too much TV.
Maybe, but many teen girls and young women are watching other screens that have a big share of surgically enhanced women (for example, social media beauty influencers and pop stars). On at least a subconscious level, some of them will associate implants with success. According to surveys, YouTube star might be the most popular career goal for today's girls.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:05 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It's not the looking that women complain about.

Being full of oneself is not limited to Hollywood - or women - regardless of political beliefs.
Why bring politics into it? And what is it women are complaining about?

Celebrities think, just because they have a platform their opinions on everything matter.

With their little V-jayjay hats. Bashing men. Pfft.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:35 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Are they strippers making money directly from their breasts?

If not, I don't know how it would be cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty