Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 12:00 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
grown out and worn in a pony tail for sure
State of the art, 1980. Maybe add a broken-down Schwinn bicycle, trucker cap, plaid shirt, and set of mutton chops and set him off riding down the street in a sketchy part of town with the other parolees and low-level pot dealers.

Or suggest he shave that down daily, don a pair of Maui Jim black wraps, take care of his scalp / chin w/moisturizers, and embrace it. I'm 52 with thick hair but look like a tool with anything even starting to get "long," so I have flat tops w/No. 1 clippers on the sides done every couple months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 12:25 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Most of these answers are ignoring his questions. The way people speak to men with problems that aren't for example life-threatening is callous.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm 33 now.

I had relatively long, shaggy hair with bangs as a teenager until I was around 20/21. I got tired of the bangs in my eyes, and went to a barber (whom I didn't know at the time) and had a flattop done. Much to my chagrin at the time, my hair never regrew properly.

Until I hit 25 or so, my hairline basically went back every year. It's since stopped. It's the traditional male pattern baldness thing - hairline is way back, and what remains on top is relatively thin.

I'm not extremely self-conscious about it (I've been going to barbers every two weeks but may just end up buzzing it myself weekly), but it gets old having to get it cut every two weeks. The very front, back, sides, grow quickly. Those areas need to be mowed down every two weeks. The front of my forehead grows so much quicker than the rest of the top that it looks like a rooster comb after a month if I don't buzz it down. My only options are skinhead, buzzed, or look like an idiot.

What would you do in this instance? I'd like to bring the hairline back toward where it should be. I'm getting sick of buzzed or skinned.
What I would do, is smile. Your features actually look potentially attractive, if you weren't scowling and looking worried. A smile can really brighten up a face, and women LOVE a warm smile! Really, it's about the personality, the energy, you project.

As to the technical aspects of managing your pattern of hair growth, and non-growth, I can't advise. But I think you look like you could be very attractive, and probably are when you're smiling and in a good mood.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Nothing! Just let nature take it's course and relax. It's so common that be bald and people won't judge....promise!

Old 03-06-2020, 02:20 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
It may not be too late to grow back that hair, but it will take about a year for you to know.

I had a bald spot on the very top of my head that started in my mid 20's, but my front hairline hadn't changed. I couldn't see the back, so I had no idea how much it had grown by the time I was 36 or so. I started taking finasteride when I was 38 and now I'm 42. It's grown back some of my hair, and it lets you keep the hair you have, so for $10/month, it's been worth it for me. Just 1 small pill a day.

I'm not the vain type, but I would rather have hair until my daughter goes off to college, gets married, etc, than not.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:30 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
have you seen the new tattoo for balding men?.....they are cool.. tiny dots .. looks very natural... makes it look like there is still darker hair follicles.. with a shaved head...
just a thought..
it would be worth a look.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...cles&FORM=IGRE

Old 03-06-2020, 02:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
It may not be too late to grow back that hair, but it will take about a year for you to know.

I had a bald spot on the very top of my head that started in my mid 20's, but my front hairline hadn't changed. I couldn't see the back, so I had no idea how much it had grown by the time I was 36 or so. I started taking finasteride when I was 38 and now I'm 42. It's grown back some of my hair, and it lets you keep the hair you have, so for $10/month, it's been worth it for me. Just 1 small pill a day.

I'm not the vain type, but I would rather have hair until my daughter goes off to college, gets married, etc, than not.
Hair in the front of the head is much harder to regrow, and medication doesn't maintain it as well, typically.

Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post

FYI - $13 for a 90 day supply at Costco.

Old 03-06-2020, 03:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Shave that noggin and grow a stache and goatee. I have a full head of hair and I shave it all the time

Old 03-06-2020, 03:09 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,061,436 times
Shave it. Don’t try to hold on to what’s already gone. Much sexier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty