Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 03:15 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times

Advertisements

You have a nice looking face and head. Great skin.

Trim your hair yourself with ordinary electric buzz clippers. You can get one for about $30. With practise you will have it down pat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
I went bold. Shaving my head every other morning.
Got some facial hair instead.
I tried to let it grown back about 1.5 month back. Nope. I don't want to look like a monk with tonsure. I'd rather look like roughneck, bold and bushy mustache.

Old 03-06-2020, 03:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I envy guys who wear the close buzz cut or who shave their heads. Easy maintenance, and perfectly acceptable good look.

Just don’t do a comb over. That’s the worst.

Old 03-06-2020, 04:21 PM

355 posts, read 225,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
grown out and worn in a pony tail for sure
That's going to take at least a year or more to go from being completely buzzed.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Shave that noggin and grow a stache and goatee. I have a full head of hair and I shave it all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Shave it. Don’t try to hold on to what’s already gone. Much sexier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
You have a nice looking face and head. Great skin.
Yes to all the above.

You're an attractive guy, Serious. As kitty says, you DO have great skin. You'll age well.

There are lots of bald men who are very good-looking and sexy. As a woman who loves (well-kept, closely cropped) facial hair on men, I'm with Electrician: shave your head if your receding hairline bothers you that much, and grow a mustache and a goatee or a beard (I personally think beards are more attractive). I'm telling you, you'll look great!

Old 03-07-2020, 04:48 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Shave it . There's so many bald or balding guys now, nobody judges on it. Nothings worse than the tonsure or fringe and ponytail look.

Maybe a beard...seems to work for alot guys. A short one. Bald can be sexy but comb over efforts are pitiable.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm 33 now.

I had relatively long, shaggy hair with bangs as a teenager until I was around 20/21. I got tired of the bangs in my eyes, and went to a barber (whom I didn't know at the time) and had a flattop done. Much to my chagrin at the time, my hair never regrew properly.

Until I hit 25 or so, my hairline basically went back every year. It's since stopped. It's the traditional male pattern baldness thing - hairline is way back, and what remains on top is relatively thin.

I'm not extremely self-conscious about it (I've been going to barbers every two weeks but may just end up buzzing it myself weekly), but it gets old having to get it cut every two weeks. The very front, back, sides, grow quickly. Those areas need to be mowed down every two weeks. The front of my forehead grows so much quicker than the rest of the top that it looks like a rooster comb after a month if I don't buzz it down. My only options are skinhead, buzzed, or look like an idiot.

What would you do in this instance? I'd like to bring the hairline back toward where it should be. I'm getting sick of buzzed or skinned.
Do nothing. You look hot. (43 year old woman's opinion here.) Your hairline is the result of genetics. Thank your mom's side of the fam, if I remember correctly. If it really bothers you, I suggest you keep shaving it because trying to grow the hair back is dificult and your skull shape looks nice shaved. It's easier than all those hair implants and shampoos and ball caps look stupid when you're over 20.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:13 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I envy guys who wear the close buzz cut or who shave their heads. Easy maintenance, and perfectly acceptable good look.

Just don’t do a comb over. That’s the worst.
I imagine that it is hard for men to used to have great hair to deal with receding hairlines and male pattern baldness. Short hair or a buzz does require more maintenance than long hair, but it's less of a worry than trying to recreate what you may have had in your youth.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:39 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What I would do, is smile. Your features actually look potentially attractive, if you weren't scowling and looking worried. A smile can really brighten up a face, and women LOVE a warm smile! Really, it's about the personality, the energy, you project.

As to the technical aspects of managing your pattern of hair growth, and non-growth, I can't advise. But I think you look like you could be very attractive, and probably are when you're smiling and in a good mood.

Grow a beard (neatly trimmed, not that ZZTop overgrowth) or goatee.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:12 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
All the men in my family are basically completely bald.

That pic was from about a year ago, but it hasn’t changed since then. I had it mowed down to a zero guard this morning - looks and feels better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty