Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 10:52 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

This French fashion designer has a channel with lots of information about the fashion and beauty business. She just returned from South America and was surprised to find a lot of mini Kardashians running around. I know little about them but it's interesting how very savvy they are when it comes to marketing themselves and their products. Each woman has a specialty so they don't cannibalize the others business.

Women have complained for years about impossible beauty standards and it's even worse now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_b6-laZns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 11:18 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
eh, i find them unattractive, uninspiring, and unoriginal, just rich. Certainly some women will flock to their look like other women will flock to others. I don't find it to be game-changing or important.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:19 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,098 times
Ok.. I don't care either way. I don't care about them. Women have wanted to look like celebrities for years. Their fame will fade one day, like those before them .

Old 03-11-2020, 11:52 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
I'm wondering if anyone here agrees with the Vlogger, that teens everywhere are trying to imitate the K look. I haven't seen this anywhere, myself. Certainly not among Millennials, who go to the beat of their own drummer, but not among teens, either. I guess I've seen a few young women doing a lot of glute work at the gym, but only at the one women's gym in town. It's always Hispanic women. Maybe the craze hasn't hit the US full force yet?

Old 03-11-2020, 11:56 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here agrees with the Vlogger, that teens everywhere are trying to imitate the K look. I haven't seen this anywhere, myself. Certainly not among Millennials, who go to the beat of their own drummer, but not among teens, either. I guess I've seen a few young women doing a lot of glute work at the gym, but only at the one women's gym in town. It's always Hispanic women. Maybe the craze hasn't hit the US full force yet?
I see it in very small doses - it is just one trend in a see of many here in Dallas. And here locally, it almost seems to have hit its peak and be slowing down the last couple years.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:09 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Meh.

They've filled their asses and boobs with fat and plastic.

Kim has six stylists that dress her in sweats and clear heels.

Kourtney is boring as hell.

Khloe is just sad and pathetic.

Kendall is still closeted.

And Kris was the one who said Kylie as worth a billion when she's worth nowhere near that.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:18 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
eh, i find them unattractive, uninspiring, and unoriginal, just rich. Certainly some women will flock to their look like other women will flock to others. I don't find it to be game-changing or important.
The fashion designer's perspective was, that she doesn't know how to design clothes for that look, which involves unnatural dimensions. Even the stretchy, clingy clothes she says are being marketed by the K's for their figure type won't be able to adapt to a waist that's several sizes smaller than the person's top half. It might work if a light sweater or other jersey top were combined with a skirt that cinched the top at the waist.

But yes; IMO their is not an attractive look. More of a déclassé look.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I notice the influence in the extreme makeup of many younger women.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:20 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Personally, I have never watched a Kardashian ever on any show (except the dad talking about OJ/Nicole) The only one I recognize by face (or butt) is Kim. But, I do follow some makeup blogs and youtube channels over the years and it seems that the real rage of trying to look like Kim was several yrs ago. I can recall several bloggers doing the "kim" look about 5-6 yrs ago. Maybe it's mostly come and gone already?

Old 03-12-2020, 10:21 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,022,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I haven't seen much of it either and we live not far from Calabasas.

Vlogger trying to drum up clicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty