Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 03:19 PM

158 posts, read 106,357 times

Advertisements

Perhaps I am just showing my age, but when I was young, letting your bra straps run wild was definitely a big no-no. Again, probably just showing my age, but I still don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 04:26 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
What are you talking about exactly? Do you have pictorial examples?

Old 03-29-2020, 04:30 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
I’ve seen this for years. I think it’s not much thought of anymore, especially when spaghetti strap tops and the like are fairly popular summer wear. It’s also become a bit of a sultry look, sort of hinting at things beneath.

At the end of the day, we’re just animals, and folks will play with these clothes things we invented. Look at the powder wig era and how much cleavage was pushed.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:40 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post
Perhaps I am just showing my age, but when I was young, letting your bra straps run wild was definitely a big no-no. Again, probably just showing my age, but I still don't like it.

It seems much worse IMO to go without a bra so that a thin little strap doesn't show. I'd rather wear a bra & have a hint of strap peaking out.........

Old 03-29-2020, 04:43 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It seems much worse IMO to go without a bra so that a thin little strap doesn't show. I'd rather wear a bra & have a hint of strap peaking out.........
This is why strapless bras were invented.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:50 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Some of us have a lot of difficulty with strapless bras & fit tho...& they aren't always appropriate for every type of style. They are more for formal wear or gowns IMO if you don't have one sewn in...

A N D....as jcp said, there is nothing wrong with a thin little strap showing.........depending on what you're wearing. In a formal gown....no ofc not....no strap should show. BUT....a casual top.....it can be a peek-a-boo thing that is no big deal.....& a little sexy as long as it's not a big white strap. Thin nude straps is what I use if I know there is any risk anything will show.........

Old 03-29-2020, 05:10 PM

497 posts, read 422,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post
I don’t understand what you mean? What does “run wild” mean?

Old 03-29-2020, 05:31 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Strapless bras are almost uniformly uncomfortable. That said, generally if I can't wear a bra/bra straps will show with a particular top, I won't buy it. I'm not a young woman anymore and I know my limits.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:26 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
I'm guessing the OP is not just talking about straps showing because of wearing a tank top or top with spaghetti straps but women who wear sleeveless tops and their bra straps are down on their arms because they are too loose.

Yes, that just looks sloppy and not the least bit sexy...and it looks bad constantly pulling them up. Like, shorten the straps or if your shoulders are sloping then wear a t-back bra so the straps won't slip down all the time!

As for straps just showing because of tank tops, etc. I think younger girls can get away with it but the older you are the more it just looks like you don't care and are maybe wearing clothes that are too young for you. Women should have the appropriate undergarments for whatever outfit and take the time to figure out what's needed rather than just throw stuff on. In other words, they should look "put together".

Old 03-29-2020, 07:44 PM

987 posts, read 779,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
Letting the girls hang out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty