Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 08:55 AM

1,936 posts, read 700,628 times

Advertisements

I don't mind a mock turtleneck. It offers coverage without being too tight.

As a kid, I remember wearing winter boots that didn't have a zipper. So hard to get on and off. Your sock always came off with the boot!

In freshman year of high school (small Catholic h.s.), we had to wear the most ridiculous looking gym uniform. It was one piece, had a zipper up the front. Navy blue shorts with a striped top and we had to iron on our
last names on the back. It always gets mentioned at the h.s. reunions. I guess it wasn't that uncomfortable, but looked so absurd. It was outdated at that time - 80s!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 08:55 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Pointy toed shoes can hurt people because- they hurt. Most people don’t have pointy feet. No amount of sizing up is going to change that. My foot is also wider in the toebox than in the heel- significantly, so pointy toed shoes are usually fairly uncomfortable.
I don't have pointy feet, but I realize that your toes aren't supposed to go in the point. They should fit like rounded toe shoes that happen to have a pointed extension.

I actually have wide feet and have lots of pointy toe shoes that fit very comfortably.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:54 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,569,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Pointy toed shoes can hurt people because- they hurt. Most people don’t have pointy feet. No amount of sizing up is going to change that. My foot is also wider in the toebox than in the heel- significantly, so pointy toed shoes are usually fairly uncomfortable.

It depends on the style & material of the design IMO tho & fit.......the point shouldn't start until farther up from your toes....like with Rothy's. I have the Point flats in peacock & the Mary Jane in the wildcat print AND they are so comfortable without sacrificing on style. BUT they also have a rounded toe version......but even those don't have a totally squared off toebox.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:55 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
I don't mind a mock turtleneck. It offers coverage without being too tight.

As a kid, I remember wearing winter boots that didn't have a zipper. So hard to get on and off. Your sock always came off with the boot!

In freshman year of high school (small Catholic h.s.), we had to wear the most ridiculous looking gym uniform. It was one piece, had a zipper up the front. Navy blue shorts with a striped top and we had to iron on our
last names on the back. It always gets mentioned at the h.s. reunions. I guess it wasn't that uncomfortable, but looked so absurd. It was outdated at that time - 80s!
I love mock turtlenecks but they have become so hard to find. Fortunately I have a few that I've had for quite a while and they're in great condition so they'll last several more years. I like the coverage aspect but I especially like them for the backdrop they provide for all kinds of jewelry!

Old 04-23-2020, 11:23 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
If it hurts it finds a new home asap. Life is too short for self imposed pain of that kind.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:02 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
You might just be short waisted like I am. I'm 5'1" but most of my height seems to be legs. I could never wear those high waisted pants that were so popular in the 70's because they would just roll down my torso. I also have a short neck which is why I always hated turtlenecks. I wish I could have been at least 5'4" tall.
Yes! I am short waisted! I"m 5'3" but my length is in my legs. If I wear pants with a shirt tucked in I look like legs, boobs and shoulders. Never thought about that in regards to shapewear or skirts

Old 04-27-2020, 02:56 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I actually find flats to be pretty uncomfortable. I have some heels that are more comfortable.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:41 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
If shoes hurt you, you are buying the wrong size.
I wish it was that simple but my experience has been that shoes can hurt for many reasons - thin soles, stiff leather, stitching in the wrong spot. It was easier as a child/teenager but my feet have become increasingly sensitive and many shoes lead to blisters.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:01 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
HATS.

Most notably baseball caps which I tend to lean away from these days but any hat can be a nuisance. WINTER HATS BEANIES. HAIR STYLE KILLER

Old 04-28-2020, 02:19 PM

12 posts, read 7,747 times
High heels can truly be painful, however if you are stubborn wearing them, your foot adopts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty