U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 07:12 AM

12,728 posts, read 6,087,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Big Apple Red by OPI.
I have about 20 bottles of nail polish, mostly OPI. I have five different reds including Big Apple Red which is one of my favorites along with OPI's "I'm Really Not A Waitress". That color has been popular for years but I use it mostly when the weather isn't so hot.

I love "Suzi Shops & Island Hops" for summer. It's a pale pink without any hints of hot pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 07:55 AM

4,084 posts, read 1,006,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I have about 20 bottles of nail polish, mostly OPI. I have five different reds including Big Apple Red which is one of my favorites along with OPI's "I'm Really Not A Waitress". That color has been popular for years but I use it mostly when the weather isn't so hot.

I love "Suzi Shops & Island Hops" for summer. It's a pale pink without any hints of hot pink.

I like the OPI infinite shine........& how long it lasts! A Kiss on the Chic....... & All About the Bows are a couple of my favorites for that line..............

Old 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmen View Post
Superchic Laquer. They also have the best top coat around.

They feel kinda gimmicky to me BUT I can't say because I never tried them.........

My favorite brand is Smith & Cult.........vegan & cruelty free & free from the toxic chemical stuff...........AND some very unique colors that pop.....like A little Lovely.....Color Me Curious.....Fade the Sun....but they are more expensive but worth it IMO. A Little Lovely is my glitter exception......LOVE it..... but it's gotta be the right occasion or it's too much......

Old 04-21-2020, 11:46 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,278,239 times
Throw out all your top coats and use Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. With a weekly touch up I have made a manicure last a month with this miracle product. (Be sure to seal it by going around the top of the nail edge.)

In Walmart I've picked up bottles of LA Colors Colorlast for under $3.00 that do what they say. The bottle says ten days. I can do better with my preferred topcoat.

Don't like the color choices? Google a simple lesson on color mixing and learn to create your new shades.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Throw out all your top coats and use Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. With a weekly touch up I have made a manicure last a month with this miracle product. (Be sure to seal it by going around the top of the nail edge.)

I don't need a lot of hardening products on my nails tho.........AND if I DIY it....I don't need it to last more than 1 or 2 weeks anyways. I really love Smith & Cult & keeping nails shorter & well trimmed helps a lot too. I like my nails to have just a little length....no more than a half inch & rounded. Pointed or too long nails don't work for me.......................

Old 04-21-2020, 02:07 PM

4,703 posts, read 8,070,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

OPI...love it. “Waitress” is the only nail color Name my husband remembers. I loved “Smokin’ in Havana” but it’s been discontinued for years now. ☹️

I cannot wait to get back to the nail salon. Not only do I need both toes and fingers done, I really miss the owners. I’ve been going to them for 10 years.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post

I cannot wait to get back to the nail salon. Not only do I need both toes and fingers done, I really miss the owners. I’ve been going to them for 10 years.

I can't wait either......tho I will have to make a stop at the hair salon 1st for a hair cut......

Old 04-21-2020, 09:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 932,690 times
My nail polish criteria is cruelty free, good quality, and the less toxic the better. And, not too pricey.
Current favorites, in no particular order:

Smith & Cult
Tang Bang (burnt orange, perfect autumn color but I wear it whenever I want)
Ella & Mila Berry Much in Love (muted deep pink, very pretty)
Barielle Barefoot in Bermuda (bright neutral pink, really nice with navy/white)
Graftobian ProColour Siren's Song (shimmery dark blue color)

Old 04-22-2020, 12:44 PM

17,833 posts, read 22,314,649 times
I use Essie brand Nail Polish and I go for dark pinks, reds, purples, burgundy or wine colors. My favorite color is wicked.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:25 PM

268 posts, read 351,079 times
Essie will always be my favorite brand.
Favorite colors: ciao effect, lapis of luxury (tons more in the purple/lavender family)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty