Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 09:36 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

I've been doing my own manicures & pedicures because of the pandemic...........& I'm looking for some fun & trendy nail colors or polish.

I've tried:

Static Nails...martini addiction....LOVE this polish
ella & mila pucker up.
Dior junon....
Olive & June cherry red
Deco Miami champaign

I love trendy colors & accessories to add to a wardrobe....BUT I haven't been fond of the green or slime colors that were so fashionable last year. I like some of the newer versions tho...like Cote Forest Fern!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 10:57 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
I don't really do trendy. I love metallic (not glitter), and I like neutrals. My go-to color is OPI's Take a Right on Bourbon, which unfortunately I think was a limited edition because it's very hard to find now.

Old 04-20-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't really do trendy. I love metallic (not glitter), and I like neutrals .My go-to color is OPI's Take a Right on Bourbon, which unfortunately I think was a limited edition because it's very hard to find now.

I like neutrals & bolder colors too tho...but I don't really like metallic or glittery nail polish. I like my personality to be sparkly.......but not my nail polish.....

Like it or not tho...limited editions are trendy...........

Old 04-20-2020, 11:21 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I like neutrals & bolder colors too tho...but I don't really like metallic or glittery nail polish. I like my personality to be sparkly.......but not my nail polish.....

Like it or not tho...limited editions are trendy...........
Well this limited edition is at least 2 or 3 years old, so I'm behind the trend.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:14 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I work with my hands so much that I rarely spend alot of money on nail polish. This is why I love Dollar Tree! lol

I got some Revlon brand nail polish there, it's a dark slate blueish grey- I'm kinda loving it right now.

Nude/mauve is one of my favorite go-to colors tho, and I do love red.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
I have a whole bag of nail polishes, some high end brands, some drugstore impulse buys. I even bought a nude pink a couple of weeks ago thinking that might work for me. Nail polish wears off after a day for me and the best case scenario is on my toes for summer sandals and open toed shoes (lasts for awhile even though I run). I love the colors and thought of wearing it, but the time it takes to remove it everyday and repaint just never pans out. I wish I knew how to make it last on my hands.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I have a whole bag of nail polishes, some high end brands, some drugstore impulse buys. I even bought a nude pink a couple of weeks ago thinking that might work for me. Nail polish wears off after a day for me and the best case scenario is on my toes for summer sandals and open toed shoes (lasts for awhile even though I run). I love the colors and thought of wearing it, but the time it takes to remove it everyday and repaint just never pans out. I wish I knew how to make it last on my hands.

To make it last longer....use a base coat & top coat.........& wear gloves to protect your manicure. You can also get a cotton swab & dip in vinegar...apply it & let dry before the base coat if you want.

Old 04-20-2020, 03:39 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Big Apple Red by OPI.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:46 PM

3,375 posts, read 1,969,584 times
I used to get SNS powder manicures at the salon because the color lasted for three weeks. Now that I've been doing my nails at home, I've found that polishes with glitter flakes wear very well. I use a clear base coat, then two coats of whatever particular color I like, then a thin coat of the glitter polish and I finish with a clear top coat. The results have been great for wearability and it's not too glittery because I only put on a thin coat - almost like a top coat. I think the "grittiness" of the glitter polish clings to the nails better than matte or frosted polish.

Old 04-21-2020, 04:29 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
To make it last longer....use a base coat & top coat.........& wear gloves to protect your manicure. You can also get a cotton swab & dip in vinegar...apply it & let dry before the base coat if you want.
Thankyou for the tips. I will try the base and top coat. Wearing gloves may not be so practical as I type all day on my job. But will have to try the base/top coat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty