Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 04:25 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Not necessarily. If it makes you feel better and if it can make your partner happy - it is an individual preference for wearer and viewer.

Lingerie is expensive gift wrapping - some like it, some don't.

Re-purposing, yes, especially good (nylon/rayon stockings) for tying up spreading tomato plants when they get big. Depending on what the lingerie is it could even be used to grow sexy shaped plants!

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-s...ins-32698.html

Imagine how nice those 'pumpkins' might look at Halloween!
Heck, I bet old timers in 19th century used old corsets to protect seedlings from pests....
As it was time of frugality: "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Envisioning this exchange from long ago...
Ethel after Floyd gifts her some lingerie she doesn't want to wear:
"Floyd, I will not wear this, it 's downright licentious!"
Floyd to Ethel ; "Well, at least the pumpkins will be nice to look at"
Actually, that was a mantra from the 20th century - WWII.

And I'll bet you that there were no corsets protecting anything but m'lady's jiggly parts in the 19th. Those people were prudish to a fault. A glimpse of petticoat was enough to (reportedly) turn any man into a raving beast.

I was never one for lingerie. I did have a few nightgowns but while they were feminine, they weren't see-through. As I got older, I began to believe, like Helen Gurley Brown, that you might as well sleep in your slip. You're going to have to wash it anyway so get a little more wear before you dipped it in the sink with the Lux and the rest of the undies.

I'm waiting for the onslaught of questions about "what was a slip?" LOL

If you don't have a significant other to entice with your pretty lingerie, take some pictures of it (you wearing it is optional) and then donate it to your local community theater group. The lingerie, not the pictures! Nice for costumes. Also, the seamstress might cut it up to repurpose it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 09:51 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Lingerie never really did much for me.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:55 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

Did you have trouble finding your size?

Old 04-25-2020, 06:28 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,862 times
I’ve finally learned lingerie is more for me and setting the mood than it is for seducing my husband. He’s pretty easy even after 20 years together, I just have to get naked and he’s seduced.

God blessed me with a simple man, and I don’t take it for granted.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:36 AM

1,246 posts, read 824,261 times
Victoria's Secret
Well their stuff's real nice
Oh but I can buy the same **** thing on a WalMart shelf half price
And still look sexy
Just as sexy
As those models on TV
No I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me

- Gretchen Wilson, "Redneck Woman"

Old 04-25-2020, 08:03 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post

I was simply trying to justify getting some for myself in case I only use it once. But nevermind, I'll figure it out.

Oh.....Ok.....it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.......it's just lingerie...shrugs. Start with something kinda basic & be sure it's comfortable. Then you can wear it all night easily.........& it will seem worth it.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:59 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Lingerie and poiny tails are nice but only the frosting to the cake.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:10 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Whew, lol. No partners of mine ever cared about it

But I'm sort of sour-graping because nothing sexy is ever in DDD so no Victoria Secret for me. I wish .

Missed out on alot, but saved money too, lol. OTOH, DH can't even get mine off

Old 04-28-2020, 09:45 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I only had one boyfriend who liked lingerie I was 18 and he was 19. He bought me this negligee. I wore for him 2 times. I felt weird wearing it. He hid it in a bag under his bed so his mom would not see it LOL. We broke up like 6 months later and I never knew what happend to that red lacy thing he bought.My husband is not in to that stuff and neither am I and he thinks I look sexy in an oversized T-shirt LOL

Old 04-28-2020, 11:56 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I came across another "repurpose" of lingerie, specifically bra straps...someone in my local forum, since they could not get a hold of elastic for masks during the current coronavirus situation, has started cutting off bra straps to use in making face masks. So this pairs really nicely with my "sew the cups into a bathing suit" concept. Use all the parts! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty