Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 11:58 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times

Advertisements

I tend to wear workout clothes, usually a windbreaker on top. We have employees in all states of dress. Some are lounging on the couch in a t-shirt and shorts, while some are all dressed up like they were going in for the day. Our bosses still look dressed up, but they need to video conference half the day.

If the meeting is large, 20 or more, sometimes I don’t bother with the camera.

I like to work out, so I’m enjoying going for a run at 7:00, then plopping down to do a conference call at 8 without being in dress clothes. I shave my head, so no worries about messing up the hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 01:59 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
Quite a bit of discussion about showers and a focus on "jammies." My jammies are the same as my hanging around in the house clothes. I typically change out of what I wear to bed for the day (to new, comfortable clothes I didn't wear to bed), but not always. I always do if I have a video conference, though. I shower as much as I need to (usually after my daily hike) and not any more than I have to. My skin/hair don't like to be showered more than that. I always look presentable and clean, so that's what really matters, imo. No one should really care what I'm doing aside from what they have to see on a video.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:18 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Quite a bit of discussion about showers and a focus on "jammies." My jammies are the same as my hanging around in the house clothes. I typically change out of what I wear to bed for the day (to new, comfortable clothes I didn't wear to bed), but not always. I always do if I have a video conference, though. I shower as much as I need to (usually after my daily hike) and not any more than I have to. My skin/hair don't like to be showered more than that. I always look presentable and clean, so that's what really matters, imo. No one should really care what I'm doing aside from what they have to see on a video.

It's not for caring what people wear when they are in video conference tho.......just some of us are thinking of depression & how it's become more common with shelter in place & doing your normal routine or changing your clothes in the morning or freshening up or exercising.....can make a difference IMO. It doesn't mean you gotta dress up.

Matter of fact the opposite....IMO the O.P. wears PRESSED shirts for working at home & that isn't fashionable with jeans & is too much I would think. My fiance wears nice casual shirts or light thin sweaters with jeans & he video conferences a LOT. I miss seeing him in a suit sometimes tho.......

Old 04-26-2020, 04:07 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
IMO the O.P. wears PRESSED shirts for working at home & that isn't fashionable with jeans & is too much I would think. My fiance wears nice casual shirts or light thin sweaters with jeans & he video conferences a LOT. I miss seeing him in a suit sometimes tho.......
I just wear clean and pressed dress shirts because long sleeve sports shirts (you know, S, M,L) have never quite fit me very well -- sleeves too short on some, torso too big on others, neck too loose, or something that doesn't quite look or feel right. And I refuse to wear short sleeve shirts in any work environment. I'm just old school that way I guess. No one sees below the chest, so pants are usually just khakis or jeans. And yes, I do miss wearing a good suit every once ins in a while in the past few weeks.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:03 PM

23,537 posts, read 24,029,400 times
I’m on Zoom and Go To Meetings, so always a nice dress shirt or polo shirt. I wear shorts since nobody can see my legs!

Old 04-27-2020, 08:13 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
A canary yellow thong.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:15 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
We don't require video for our conference calls. Nobody in my office uses video as we are an engineering team.

I pretty much go from my nighttime Pajamas to my daytime pajamas.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:17 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
I have always worn regular work attire when I work at home. This includes several times when I've worn a necktie in the past 5 weeks while at home!

One time, many years ago I got dressed to go to work, and it was snowing. My wife convinced me to work from home and I stayed dressed up. Saw no point in putting on sweats! So it became a tradition.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:01 PM

24,553 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I’m on Zoom and Go To Meetings, so always a nice dress shirt or polo shirt. I wear shorts since nobody can see my legs!
Don't say that. A normally stick in the mud attorney when it comes to dress code showed up "as usual" but forgot to turn off video when he physically left the room. Needless to say the conference tape was edited but the word is out about his plaid bloomers.

Old 04-27-2020, 02:01 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
Video is not required in my job, all is audio conferences with MS Teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty