Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you think you'll be shopping - or not - when things re-open?
I'll do some major spending as therapy to celebrate and spruce up! 6 11.54%
I may get a few new things for summer. 11 21.15%
I may get a few things, cruising for big discounts from leftovers from last season. 4 7.69%
Not much, with looming financial problems or my realization that I should be buying fewer things, preferably American to support our workers. 11 21.15%
No difference for me - I shop mostly online and have been buying all along. 20 38.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:54 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,818,320 times

Advertisements

Perhaps I am buying SLIGHTLY more online but still going to my local grocery store. Depends how quickly I need something, because I don't have Am Prime. I'll tell you one switch I made from online back to store - Pet Supplies Plus. I wasn't getting their coupons for some reason, so I was getting most pet stuff online, but my mom's sending me her coupons and they post some on Facebook, so now going to the store beats the price of shipping. And my local store is never crowded, so there's no virus concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:01 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,190,085 times
No clothes shopping except online. Just because everything is opened up doesn’t mean the pandemic is over, so I will wait things out for a couple of months in terms of going into crowded or confines spaces.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:14 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,955,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Thought this might make a fun change: After the pandemic lock-down is over, what do you expect you'll do in terms of shopping?

Since this is lasting longer than I'm sure any of us anticipated, I'll probably buy something special as a little "celebration" of what we've endured for however long this has lasted.

OR maybe the little celebration will just be the fact that I can go to the places again that I enjoy when I feel safe to go to them again, so that costs money too to buy tickets: Amusement parks, museums, shopping malls, movies, zoos, etc.

Old 10-08-2020, 03:31 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Maybe some hats and scarves or something for cold weather. For 20 years, just a ski mask and coat were enough for me.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:35 AM

9,431 posts, read 5,194,093 times
I am also able to shop now. "When this is over" I am going to take a trip somewhere, even if it's close by in my own neck of the woods.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:44 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,199,977 times
I’ve spent no money on clothes this year. I would like to get some fall clothing but the fitting rooms are all still closed where I live and I really need to try on clothes first before I decide to purchase them.

I’ve tried online shopping for clothes/shoes, but there is something intolerably awful about ordering something that looks great, only to try it on and it not be a good fit, and then you have the added task of going to the trouble of mailing it back and then wait until whenever to get refunded. Maybe I’m just lazy and/or impatient but I absolutely cannot stand it. Maybe it’s the psychological aspect of already being disappointed that it doesn’t fit and then you have to do extra work and waiting just to get back to square one.

I do a lot of online shopping but never for things I have to wear.

Old 10-09-2020, 11:30 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,359 times
I started WFH this year and it will be permanent as our office closed. I don't need any new clothes and am actually using some of the online sites to get rid of a lot of the work clothes. I have donated some, but since COVID, the regular donations spots aren't accepting too many things. That is starting to change a bit though.

I want to go buy a few new casual tops, but I am feeling blah about my weight so I need to postpone that. Ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty