Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:59 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a nice (higher end, possibly luxury) tote to use as an everyday purse.

I have thought about a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM in the monogram print but just wondered if anyone had any favorites to share.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times
I once had a great red leather tote that I got at the Franklin Covey store. It was awesome; held everything.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:16 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
I have an older glazed leather (not the croc they're doing now) Brahmin that I really like and still looks new.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:44 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I'm looking for a nice (higher end, possibly luxury) tote to use as an everyday purse.

I have thought about a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM in the monogram print but just wondered if anyone had any favorites to share.

Thanks!

It depends on what you're using it for but when I think of "tote" I think of ....beach...shopping...day trips....AND I like accesories & totes that are more unique & versatile for different occasions. The Louis Vutton is nice but a little boring style IMO & it functions more like a purse IMO.

For the beach I like Baggu......there's a leopard or a sailor stripe that is 100% recycled cotton that is oversized & slouchy that can be worn shoulder or crossbody. For shopping or a jaunt anywhere...Stella McCartney has a blue PVC tote I love & another favorite is the red leather tote by Isabel Morant with a magnetic closure that has "pop" for fun.

If you want it more as a purse or handbag tote tho.....what about the Neonoe or Giralota by Louis Vutton?

Old 05-11-2020, 09:31 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,396,474 times
I like the Neverfull but I prefer the LV epi leather version. I bought it in black and deep purple and used them constantly when my kids were younger. I like smaller bags most of the time now, but I still use them.

Tory Burch has nice totes too. A little more structure, pockets, divider. The Neverfull is just a big open tote really.

I know a lot of people who swear by MZ Wallace totes. I use one for plane travel but it’s not my everyday style.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:36 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:

Thanks!
I like luxury items and don't mind spending more for them because for the most part they do last a very long time and I admire the craftsmanship. I would stay away from anything that 'screams a label' for a couple of reasons. One is that you're going to see the same bag everywhere and it's never fun to see someone else with the same thing you're wearing but the other thing is there are so many knock-offs of the really popular bags so it kind of takes away from the "specialness" of having a really nice bag. If you're going to put a wallet in the tote, I would make sure it has a zippered part somewhere, if not across the entire top, for protection. Look for quality instead of the more well known names and also go for something that feels right to you.

I bought a few Brahmin bags because I thought the quality was excellent but then I started seeing them everywhere in the croc design. I still loved the bags but I sought out a couple of soft, smooth, leather ones without the croc design and I'm very happy with them.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I like luxury items and don't mind spending more for them because for the most part they do last a very long time and I admire the craftsmanship. I would stay away from anything that 'screams a label' for a couple of reasons. One is that you're going to see the same bag everywhere and it's never fun to see someone else with the same thing you're wearing but the other thing is there are so many knock-offs of the really popular bags so it kind of takes away from the "specialness" of having a really nice bag.

Ita about finding unique & versatile bags....BUT it's more about style & fashion & long lasting quality IMO than it is somebody having a knock off because that's easily avoided...just stay away from the overused monogram prints of a designer that have been around forever...like Louis Vuitton or Gucci. It's totally why the Neverfull is drab & boring..........

Old 05-11-2020, 02:42 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

Thanks!
The Valentino Garavani Rockstud tote is amazing. The most beautiful leather, almost indestructible, in colors that make it hard to choose one, and just a nice gold logo and a row of studs across the top to add a bit of style. The straps are my favorite length to tuck it under your arm.

It only has two large pockets on the inside, but that's better than nothing I guess.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I am really tempted by this one - the Lotuff sling / backpack.

https://lotuffleather.com/collection...sling-backpack

I have another Lotuff bag, and it is great. Made in the USA, and you can even get custom options if you reach out to them!

I don't love regular totes anymore, I prefer something that closes and has multiple ways to wear it.

I also like this one, but I know they officially look like they are biting Bottega in the Daniel Lee era, but this bag happened to show up at the same time as the BV relaunch (in late 2018).

Old 05-11-2020, 09:54 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am really tempted by this one - the Lotuff sling / backpack.

https://lotuffleather.com/collection...sling-backpack

I have another Lotuff bag, and it is great. Made in the USA, and you can even get custom options if you reach out to them!

I don't love regular totes anymore, I prefer something that closes and has multiple ways to wear it.

I also like this one, but I know they officially look like they are biting Bottega in the Daniel Lee era, but this bag happened to show up at the same time as the BV relaunch (in late 2018).
Ooh I like the Lotuff sling / backpack except I tend to prefer that they are not as deep and wider for ease of getting things out of them. Do you own the tote with the zipper by any chance? They do look like excellent bags and I'd never heard of them before!

I'm not as keen on the woven one for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty