Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 01:25 PM

98 posts, read 81,621 times

Advertisements

I am 29 years old and my hair started receding really early probably when I was 20 years old. I have a really bad horseshoe hairline. I started buzzing it down 3 years ago with no guard. I can still see my hairline but haven't had the courage to go straight razor yet. I miss the young professional/pretty boy look.

I am debating on getting a hair transplant. I feel like I would be a good candidate as I would just need to fill the corners and add more hair in the middle then I would be fine. Anyone here had a hair transplant before? i know a lot of celebrities have had hair transplants but it isn't talked about much. Jeremy piven for example, hair transplant changed his career and life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 01:44 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstead245 View Post
I am 29 years old and my hair started receding really early probably when I was 20 years old. I have a really bad horseshoe hairline. I started buzzing it down 3 years ago with no guard. I can still see my hairline but haven't had the courage to go straight razor yet. I miss the young professional/pretty boy look.

I am debating on getting a hair transplant. I feel like I would be a good candidate as I would just need to fill the corners and add more hair in the middle then I would be fine. Anyone here had a hair transplant before? i know a lot of celebrities have had hair transplants but it isn't talked about much. Jeremy piven for example, hair transplant changed his career and life.

A bald head can be super sexy & strong on a man............the important thing IMO is to embrace whatever you have or don't have........& take off running with confidence.

You might change your outside with a hair transplant........but you aren't gonna change your insecurity about it IMO. It's like the men that tell us to embrace our breast size..........we may be able to change the outside but we can't change the inside. We have to work on that separately.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Have you been using medication? If not, you'll continue to lose your hair and even the best transplant work won't look good for long.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:48 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
If you're male, just go for the bald. Shave the rest of it off and rock the polished pate.

If you're female, it's a much more difficult decision. You can either shave it and be that awesome powerful wonderwoman, or you can wear a wig (possibly for the rest of your life) and still be awesome powerful and wonderous but less physically comfortable and spending a lot more money to do so (decent wigs aren't cheap).

Old 05-30-2020, 12:25 AM

3,483 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Having hair doesn't make you any more attractive. I'm 35 will a full head of hair and still single. I have a few friends my age that are bald or going bald and they're married with kids.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:10 AM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstead245 View Post

In high school, a good friend of mine had gorgeous, wavy hair. I was shocked to see he was close to bald just a few years later. There weren't many good options in those days. Hairpieces for men looked awful.

Now there are lots of options, and not only transplants. A man as young as yourself who would like to enhance his appearance with hair, should at least consult with some experts before giving up and going the bald route if that's not your preferred look.

Go for it.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:35 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Having hair doesn't make you any more attractive. I'm 35 will a full head of hair and still single. I have a few friends my age that are bald or going bald and they're married with kids.
It’s about how you style your hair. Some guys can really pull off the bald look, but I outright hate it.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:17 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
If you're so young, your hairline hasn't finished receding yet. Sorry. I just remember working with a young middle-aged man who had noticeably had a hair transplant. I say noticeably because he had an island of hair plugs near the front of his head and then a moat of bald behind it. I'm sure he was thinking, at that point in his life, "I shoulda got the hot sports car."

and, yes, I know that the techniques are better than the old plug days, but the transplant would still be located in the same spot and the hair would have still disappeared behind it.

Spend the money on having a great smile/teeth if you don't already have that. It will last a lifetime and is worth the cost.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:03 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Lost my hair starting in my late 20s. You get over it.

In Japan there's a belief that baldness is a sign of virility.

Some say you can slow hair loss by lowering your salt intake.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:41 AM

529 posts, read 490,098 times
One thing you need to do is check your thyroid levels. If your thyroid is low, one of the effects is loss of hair. That is what happened to me when I was in my 20's. I figured it was just my fait, as my uncle lost all his hair in his early 20's. Started taking medication for the low thyroid, and my hair came back, although if it didn't, it would have been the "it is what it is".

If someone is so vain as to judge me as to if I have hair or not, I don't need to know him/her, and could care less of what they thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty