Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 03:02 AM

4,848 posts, read 3,284,840 times

Advertisements

My oldest 2 are decades and got new life as useful in the crafts supplies (pastels/watercolors brushes) There were bought at TheBodyShop in my college days.
These days I have a big brush The Saem use that for the powders blush/highlighter all same, age 17 yrs and a few eyeshadow brushes one was from Coastal scents bought when DD was toddler so 15 yrs old brush. One e/s is The Saem 17 yrs and a few e/s from Essence 15 yrs old. I do no do makeup daily and I wash brushes after using them 14 times each. How do I know. Attach tiny bit of washi tape to handle to keep track. They may be old in years but not usage.
I am amazed at all the brushes available omg. But I personally do not need them.
Very pretty. www.hakuhodousa.com/collections/s100-series
I tend to see a price and think how much in groceries is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 03:11 AM

4,848 posts, read 3,284,840 times
Budget friendly prices but I do not know about the quality.
Been eyeing the Ruby set for a year now, I think too long......
https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/int...es/brush-sets/

I do have blenders but use them for acrylic paints....
The Saem the house shaped ones are very good.

I have their square rounded corners blenders too, but those sold out.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:56 AM

15,207 posts, read 10,232,280 times
I have 11 different brushes, most of them for the eyes and one blender which I rarely use. Since I've been working from home since last summer I don't wear make-up every day. I wash them about every other month. I do have a sponge/blender stand. I put one away in my make-up box once but apparently it wasn't completely dry and it had mildew growing on it. Yuck.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:49 AM

19,634 posts, read 20,121,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post

I had to google "open blender brush stand". When I was searching for a replacement for my favorite sheer powder, I found the term "baking". I had to look it up. I must be out of touch with the newest trends. I just use a small powder container to hold my larger container of powder that I transfer to, use disposable puffs, not brushes. I use the puff until it is time to replace, then just replace (keep all of these in a vanity drawer and my basic usable items on the vanity top). I don't do brushes. I uses applicators for shadow. I keep my tools simple. My vanity table is right now my work space so I can't take up a lot of space. Down goes the mirror and hot rollers to the rug and up comes the laptop....and another day all glammed up (natural though) for 8 hours of room time. I have a need to maintain a routine for grooming to feel somewhat normal. At least hubby appreciates.
: )
I know what you mean! I started wearing makeup in the early 90s, so alot of these new makeup techniques seem really crazy to me. I'm like "what's that??" lol

I'm not into all the baking, contouring, and creating optical illusions on my face. Overkill. Much too much for me!

I do still have a Caboodle under my bathroom sink tho, heheh

Old 06-03-2020, 08:12 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,536,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I have 11 different brushes, most of them for the eyes and one blender which I rarely use. Since I've been working from home since last summer I don't wear make-up every day. I wash them about every other month. I do have a sponge/blender stand. I put one away in my make-up box once but apparently it wasn't completely dry and it had mildew growing on it. Yuck.

I'm the total opposite....I use a blender or wedge the most because of tinted moisturizers & creams....& light foundation coverage. They are the easiest to use...clean...or replace IMO. I use several different brushes for my eyes...foundation....& outlining my lips BUT I would never put one in a makeup box.....ita it can be yuck to store brushes or blenders in them. Matter of fact I'm so picky about it..........they can't touch each other in the upright organizer....... I have a separate drying stand & rotate them. I clean the eye brushes a little less often...every couple of weeks....& everything else once a week. I replace blenders & wedges a lot.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:02 AM

161 posts, read 82,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
How many different types of brushes or blenders do you use on a daily basis.......& how often do you clean or replace them? How do you store them? I get super picky about it....I use an open blender stand & have a makeup brush drying stand that I love. Maybe I'm a little anal retentive about it.......
Like 3 brushes for eyes. No blender, no foundation none of that crud. I don't need covering up! I'm perfect

Old 06-03-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I clean my Real Techniques sponge every day or two. It's supposed to be damp to use it, so it's easy to wash it first.

Brushes are a little harder to clean on a regular basis because they need drying time, but I've gotten in the habit of cleaning them on Sundays (maybe not every week, but fairly frequently) so that they're dry by Monday morning. I probably use 4-5 face brushes on a regular basis, and a rotation of 10 or so eye brushes.

Of course that was my routine pre-COVID. I can't remember the last time I picked up a makeup brush.

(Cue all the posters who are gobsmacked by the number of brushes I use and will condescend about what a waste of time makeup is because all they wear is lip balm. If you don't wear makeup, then great. I'm glad that works for you. I happen to enjoy makeup.)
Geez I'm sorry are you used to people bringing you down about your makeup? I'm sorry clearly you're very bothered by what people say. Hah

Old 06-03-2020, 10:15 AM

I'm a (proud) stay at home mom and I think I could teach you gals a little something.....
I make an effort to wear makeup even though I stay home. So should you! It's important to make yourself happy and pretty even if you are home. Don't blame covid on why you don't make an effort to look good and so something nice for yourself. How do you think people are who stay home all the time hahaha

Old 06-03-2020, 10:31 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,536,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepgrl84 View Post
Like 3 brushes for eyes. No blender, no foundation none of that crud. I don't need covering up! I'm perfect

I use a blender to apply BB cream tho. Even perfect skin needs SPF protection...antioxidants & moisturizers in BB cream.

edit: BB cream does not provide "covering up" like old foundations.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:12 AM

16,388 posts, read 12,395,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepgrl84 View Post
Geez I'm sorry are you used to people bringing you down about your makeup? I'm sorry clearly you're very bothered by what people say. Hah
Not so much bothered. Amused by the predictability is more like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty