Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 04:34 AM

10 posts, read 19,107 times

Advertisements

I asked my friends - most of them sleep on their sides or on stomachs.

Unfortunately, these positions also mean there's constant pressure on our face for around eight hours each night.

Just imagine: 8 (EIGHT) hours pressure on your skin!
Over time, this repetitive pressure and movement creates permanent wrinkles on our face.
But when you sleep on your back, your face and decolletage aren't crumpled. They aren't crushed or squished. This allow the skin on these areas to benefit most from our sleep and skincare regimen.

I made the decision to actively train myself to sleep on my back - to form a new habitage. My june habitage challenge.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 05:56 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
If I sleep on my back, I snore and I wake up with a very dry mouth and throat. I also have a horrible lower backache. For me those are bigger issues than wrinkles.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:51 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post

Unfortunately, these positions also mean there's constant pressure on our face for around eight hours each night.

Just imagine: 8 (EIGHT) hours pressure on your skin!
Over time, this repetitive pressure and movement creates permanent wrinkles on our face.
But when you sleep on your back, your face and decolletage aren't crumpled. They aren't crushed or squished. This allow the skin on these areas to benefit most from our sleep and skincare regimen.

I made the decision to actively train myself to sleep on my back - to form a new habitage. My june habitage challenge.

What do you think?

I've heard of this.....a silk pillowcase is supposed to help. BUT... as long as you take care of your skin & yourself, IMO it's kinda looking for a fake problem to fix. It's not going to keep me from sleeping on my side & cuddling with my fiance.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:44 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If I sleep on my back, I snore and I wake up with a very dry mouth and throat. I also have a horrible lower backache. For me those are bigger issues than wrinkles.
I have a similar issue. I have allergies and get postnasal drip on my back. I either wake up coughing, with a snort, or because I get a glob of mucus stuck in my throat and can’t breathe. Sleeping on your left side is best for your digestion, which is also better for your skin in other ways.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:57 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I sleep on my right side, my left side, my stomach, my back. Then I start at the beginning and do it alllll over again. All night, every night.
It’s a rare night that I get in bed and fall asleep right away and stay in the same position.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You're dreaming if you think you're staying on your back ALL night OP.

It would be a dream if I actually slept 8 hours.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I have a similar issue. I have allergies and get postnasal drip on my back. I either wake up coughing, with a snort, or because I get a glob of mucus stuck in my throat and can’t breathe. Sleeping on your left side is best for your digestion, which is also better for your skin in other ways.
I've always heard the same so start out on my left side. I have allergies as well and if I end up on my back in the middle of the night - I will wake myself snoring because I can't breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You're dreaming if you think you're staying on your back ALL night OP.

It would be a dream if I actually slept 8 hours.
LOL. Ain't that the truth.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
Sleeping on my back hurts my back, and comfort and good sleep are way too important to me. I don't have any wrinkles that I think are caused by sleeping. Most of my wrinkles are crows feet, laugh lines, and forehead expressions. Botox it is.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
I know women that try to sleep on their backs, but it is to limit chest/décolleté wrinkles and not really a preventative for face and eyes. Perhaps trying a cool gel mask might help accomplish diminishing wrinkles in the eye area. The cooling will shrink skin and pores, and the mask will hold things in place regardless of your position - in theory.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:15 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
It's a goal that's doable. I've read that about sleeping positions. I don't know if it's true.

I now sleep about 3/4 to the side...partly back, partly side. Not fully either, if that makes sense.

I used to sleep on my back. Another poster said people can't sleep on their backs all night, but they can. I did. I went to sleep on my back and stayed on my back all night, as far as I know, and woke up on my back. It was my natural sleeping position. Don't know why it changed a bit. Maybe the position of my tv.

I'm more concerned about sagging than wrinkles, although if there's an easy way to prevent wrinkles, I'm all for it.

I'm getting a silk pillowcase soon (a gift). I've heard that silk helps prevent wrinkles. That doesn't make sense to me, but I guess I'll have a chance to see if that's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty