U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 09:36 AM

12,342 posts, read 6,649,595 times

Advertisements

I typically use Secret or Suave antiperspirant. Neither has given me any problems, but I decided to try Native deodorant in an effort to use something more "natural". Broke me out pretty badly. Since I'm not interested in trying a multitude of products to find one that doesn't break me out, I've just gone back to Suave for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 10:08 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,065,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I use a crystal deodorant that that you wet and rub on. Very effective and the crystal (some kind of salt, I think) lasts me two years or more--if I don't drop it on the floor. They break and are too rough to use.

I use whatever brand has the best price.
We used to use a Ban pump spray, no aerosol, many years ago until it was discontinued. We then discovered Crystal deodorant and have been using that for years now. It’s usually the crystal falling out of the holder when it becomes smaller that finishes it. DH even found small travel size ones for when he travelled. Good product and works well for us. It is not an anti-perspiration though if you are looking for dryness.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 903,132 times
Whatever’s on sale. I still sweat no matter what I use, so I have no brand loyalty.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:17 PM

6,078 posts, read 3,339,819 times
Always unscented. I switch up--Secret or Ban. Invisible solid.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:10 PM

16,438 posts, read 10,606,679 times
Use the natural salt based deodorant because all other commercial brands will lead to discoloration of your skin and long term side effects from the titanium deoxide.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:13 PM

2,837 posts, read 6,953,946 times
Count me in as another old spice user. Sport usually. I can't use anti-perspirants as they make me itch. I would like to, as the regular kind leaves me wet and sticky.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:21 PM

174 posts, read 22,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Use the natural salt based deodorant because all other commercial brands will lead to discoloration of your skin and long term side effects from the titanium deoxide.
This is important to note. Get deodorant made of naturally occurring ingredients else you risk getting carcinogens into your body...
My uncle is a chemist and has done testing on non natural deodorants and the biological impacts some of the chemicals can have on us is scary.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:52 PM

21,851 posts, read 20,962,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
This is important to note. Get deodorant made of naturally occurring ingredients else you risk getting carcinogens into your body...
My uncle is a chemist and has done testing on non natural deodorants and the biological impacts some of the chemicals can have on us is scary.
I couldn't agree more--and the same with sunscreens. I'm one of those people who gets reactions from the slightest toxic chemical and so I've had to give up lots of products I used to use. They call us the canaries in the coalmines--what chemicals bother us are the tip of the iceberg and are not usually safe to use. Tom's of Maine ingredients in their deodorants--my not be 100% perfect but pretty darn good. Never have had a problem with it.

Ingredients. propylene glycol (vegetable derived), water, sodium stearate, organic Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glyceryl laurate, natural fragrance, Humulus lupulus (hops) cone extract, organic Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ascorbic acid, organic Cymbopogon flexuosus oil.

https://www.amazon.com/Toms-Maine-De...lexuosus%20oil.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:01 AM

174 posts, read 22,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I couldn't agree more--and the same with sunscreens. I'm one of those people who gets reactions from the slightest toxic chemical and so I've had to give up lots of products I used to use. They call us the canaries in the coalmines--what chemicals bother us are the tip of the iceberg and are not usually safe to use. Tom's of Maine ingredients in their deodorants--my not be 100% perfect but pretty darn good. Never have had a problem with it.

Ingredients. propylene glycol (vegetable derived), water, sodium stearate, organic Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glyceryl laurate, natural fragrance, Humulus lupulus (hops) cone extract, organic Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ascorbic acid, organic Cymbopogon flexuosus oil.

https://www.amazon.com/Toms-Maine-De...lexuosus%20oil.
I have sensitive skin too. My mom found out at a early age when off the shelf baby lotion caused rash all over my body. She shifted to using all natural coconut oil instead and nothing happened, and advised me to always use natural products once I got older.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:20 AM

9,145 posts, read 7,759,467 times
Old Spice has a collection called the Wild Collection and the one I use is called Dragonblast (or Dragon something or other like that). It has a mild, neutral amber scent that I think is suitable for either a man or a woman. It has no sharp chemical or piney smells so it blends well as an undertone to the rose or citrus scented perfumes or after-shower body sprays that I like to wear. I imagine it would blend just as well with men's colognes too because it is not overpowering. I like most of Old Spice's Wild Collection but that one works best for my body chemistry.

Last edited by Zoisite; 06-21-2020 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty