U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 02:40 PM

4,904 posts, read 1,208,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not all BB creams absorb oil and have a matte finish.

Ofc not....they aren't all the same shade either & some don't have a SPF...............mine does tho.

All BB creams are less coverage tho.........than CC creams or old fashioned foundations that give that caked on "overdone" makeup look that posters are losing their minds about.......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 02:47 PM

1,420 posts, read 293,414 times
I grew up in rural area and first woman I saw/noticed with plucked eyebrows was sixth grade teacher. I remember asking another kid if that teacher had been sick or something, her eyebrows looked weird. He filled me in that those werent real, she had pulled out her real ones and drew those on with a pencil. Seemed really weird painful thing to me, but whatever.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:50 PM

12,838 posts, read 6,965,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ofc not....they aren't all the same shade either & some don't have a SPF...............mine does tho.

All BB creams are less coverage tho.........than CC creams or old fashioned foundations that give that caked on "overdone" makeup look that posters are losing their minds about.......
I just wanted to clarify in case the poster you were replying to wasn't familiar with BBs. The way it was worded made it sound like properties inherent to BBs.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:02 PM

1,745 posts, read 552,917 times
To quote Truvy from Steel Magnolias: "There is no such thing as natural beauty."

I like the way that I look, but it's nice to "touch up the corners" a little with a bit of eyeliner and tinted lip gloss for everyday wear.

I only wear a full face of makeup for special occasions and/or for photography, but even then, I lean towards the natural side of things. No contouring, false eyelashes, or lipliner.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:08 PM

24,278 posts, read 26,205,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
To quote Truvy from Steel Magnolias: "There is no such thing as natural beauty."
Honestly, if I was totally natural, I'd have fcompletely frizzy hair, caterpillar eyebrows, and a couple of goat hairs growing out of my chin. I don't think that's what people like the OP mean by "natural." It's more like, "try, but don't look like you try too hard."

Old 06-24-2020, 04:17 PM

1,745 posts, read 552,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, if I was totally natural, I'd have fcompletely frizzy hair, caterpillar eyebrows, and a couple of goat hairs growing out of my chin. I don't think that's what people like the OP mean by "natural." It's more like, "try, but don't look like you try too hard."
I hear you on the hair, although when freshly washed, my own hair is more sausage-curled than anything else this time of year. Be glad of the the thick eyebrows--you'll not be drawing them on when you're old and decrepit!

What I do understand re: the O.P. are the (usually) younger women who look like completely different people with and without makeup. We once had a manager at my workplace who I didn't recognize on the rare occasions when she wasn't wearing a fully contoured and Sharpie-eyebrowed face.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:18 PM

2,872 posts, read 913,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita....think or don't think you're pretty.......BUT don't tell the rest of us we wear makeup because we think we aren't pretty as another poster said.
Right, that's the point I'm making. And if I want to think I don't look pretty and if that's the reason I want to wear makeup? It's nobody's business or choice but mine.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:05 PM

37,372 posts, read 45,380,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
When men say they want "natural" beauty, what they are actually envisioning is the natural beauty of 17- year old skin. A 45-year old woman's natural skin, in almost all instances, is a different thing, entirely.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:02 AM

4,904 posts, read 1,208,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I just wanted to clarify in case the poster you were replying to wasn't familiar with BBs. The way it was worded made it sound like properties inherent to BBs.

Ok...shrugs...I wasn't trying to teach the use of BB cream tho. I was just talking about my BB cream. It's what most of us already wear BUT so many are talking about too much visible makeup.....like cakey foundation ......AND that just isn't popular IMO. Even CC cream is less coverage than old fashioned foundations for women that need or want a little more coverage but don't want a foundation. Many of them are like tinted moisturizers & have a SPF.

I wear BB cream every day & it's very natural looking & light...it's super convenient to have skin care & a little coverage in one step IMO....because I don't need or want a lot.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 AM

9,627 posts, read 8,856,842 times
Because it makes them look younger/better. Obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or