Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 03:53 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times

Advertisements

Oh, here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm male, but I was having a conversation about this with others and the answers they gave weren't satisfactory.

On some occasions a get how it could help add blush to skin and cover a bruise or whatever, but beyond that (in my humble opinion) it turns into a clown show.

Every women I met has been more attractive to guys I know without lipstick or heavy eye shadow or whatever else there is.

I'm not saying everyone is a natural beauty, and brushing hair or making yourself clean is good, but at some level masking your face with dyes and paint becomes off putting.

I knew someone who was really cute, but when she dressed up and made herself up It became distasteful.

I get doing it if your in a theater play or something but most guys I speak to share my opinion that lipstick and whatnot detracts from a women's overall aesthetic.
A fair number of men haven't a clue when a woman is wearing makeup. I bet a lot of the women you thought were au natural actually had makeup on.

Funny, every man out there says he doesn't like women in makeup, goes on and on about how awful and gross it is, and then he looks at the ones who don't wear it and says they're ugly and frumpy and "don't take care of themselves"... and all of the women that men say are so "hot" are always in scads of makeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 04:03 PM

841 posts, read 553,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Oh, here we go again.
A fair number of men haven't a clue when a woman is wearing makeup. I bet a lot of the women you thought were au natural actually had makeup on.
I was about to say this. I wear a bit of concealer and foundation to even my skintone and cover blemishes I still get in my 40s. My blush is very light. I fill in my brows to look natural since they are sparse - no weird or exaggerated shapes. I wear a bit of neutral eye shadow and even use a dark shadow as a liner so nothing is harsh. It just looks a bit of definition. Light mascara. I look sick and blotchy without a bit of 'help'. About the only time it stands out that I am wearing makeup is if I add a dark lipstick.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:23 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
In my experience there are more men that don’t have an issue with make up... than those that do. My partner couldn’t care less as he’s more into manly things rather than women fashion choices or statements regarding same.
I also have to wonder if the reason for them not wanting their SO wearing make is that they’re afraid that their SO would be attractive to other men???? Curious minds want to know.

Last edited by Sydney123; 06-22-2020 at 04:33 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 04:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Maybe the women you have known didn't know how to apply makeup......or applied too much....specially if they looked like they were in a play. The idea of makeup is to enhance our features tho ....not so that the 1st thing people see is the makeup. AND.....different occasions call for different looks. Most of us want a more natural look for every day or at work....& a more dramatic look for events or a night out.
That's fair, but a lot of the time makeup conflicts with the natural look rather than enhance it.

Subtlety is a big part of it, but even then it can make the prettiest woman look off putting.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

P.S. I've never heard anyone complain about just lipstick, though. I think it adds a little color, kind of brightens up the face a little, if the color is chosen well.
I hate lipstick of any kind, I wish women didn't use it.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:30 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
Make-up is always a mess when you're rollin' in the sheets. I hate that stuff getting everywhere. It's worse than axle grease.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:32 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I hate lipstick of any kind, I wish women didn't use it.
There are plenty of women who don't use it. Where do you live? Maybe you should move.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:34 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Make-up is always a mess when you're rollin' in the sheets. I hate that stuff getting everywhere. It's worse than axle grease.
You’re wearing too much?

Old 06-22-2020, 04:38 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post

If my man was thinking about my makeup when we are rollin in the sheets......I'd be super worried about him.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:43 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,403,693 times
As long as they know how to apply it correctly, makeup definitely enhances a woman's looks and makes her stand out in a crowd. The majority of women will look better with makeup on...there's no denying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty