Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 04:54 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If my man was thinking about my makeup when we are rollin in the sheets......I'd be super worried about him.
He probably doesn’t even do the wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 04:58 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
He probably doesn’t even do the wash.

Even if he did..........why would a man think about makeup when "rollin in the sheets" tho?

Old 06-22-2020, 05:18 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,034 times
Quote:
You’re wearing too much?
well.......SOMEBODY certainly is.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:27 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Even if he did..........why would a man think about makeup when "rollin in the sheets" tho?
As previously mentioned. I think it’s more of an excuse for not wanting other men to think she’s attractive and being afraid of some guy swooping in and taking his girl. Clothes.. too tight, too revealing, make up... too much, too attractive. Doesn’t trust her nor other men. Been there... got the T-shirt.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:42 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
I used to wear makeup when I was younger, both in school and then in the workforce, but as I am blessed with a peaches and cream complexion and no blotches, I wear very little foundation as an adult (high school was different, but as it turns out, my wearing of foundation in high school helped preserve my skin from the sun).

In my opinion, lightly applied makeup, from eyebrow plumper, to a thin coat of dark mascara, some powdered blush, and then lipstick, usually brightens a woman's face. Subtlety is key.

However, the trend now seems to be thick, fake eyelashes, covered in globs of mascara, lipstick that does look like thick axle grease, and heavily contoured makeup. Many women who would otherwise be beautiful, look like clowns, in my opinion.

When I acted in plays we had to wear more makeup so that people in the audience could make out our features (men and women), but up close, it looks awful. Makeup that used to be worn for dark dance venues, is now seen up close and personal. Here's an example of a woman who's makeup makes her look fake. It gets in the way of seeing what she really looks like:

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Here's makeup mostly done well (don't like the eyeshadow, though), on a gorgeous woman, who is not wearing fake eyelashes, and whose lipstick isn't applied thickly:

Old 06-22-2020, 06:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post

Here's makeup mostly done well (don't like the eyeshadow, though), on a gorgeous woman, who is not wearing fake eyelashes, and whose lipstick isn't applied thickly:

She looks like she's not wearing any, except on her lips and eyes. And then--only a little around the eyes

The other one had those tattooed-on eyebrows, too. Those rarely, if ever, look good. Always overdone, always obvious.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:27 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
There are men who wear nicely trimmed beards and there are men who look like untrimmed hedges.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:31 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
As previously mentioned. I think it’s more of an excuse for not wanting other men to think she’s attractive and being afraid of some guy swooping in and taking his girl. Clothes.. too tight, too revealing, make up... too much, too attractive. Doesn’t trust her nor other men. Been there... got the T-shirt.

IMO...most men don't really care about if we wear makeup....they just think it's something we do. If they are insecure like you are saying......they will be insecure about everything...ita. It's usually other women that don't wear makeup that are super critical of those of us that do.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM

335 posts, read 187,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm male, but I was having a conversation about this with others and the answers they gave weren't satisfactory.

On some occasions a get how it could help add blush to skin and cover a bruise or whatever, but beyond that (in my humble opinion) it turns into a clown show.

Every women I met has been more attractive to guys I know without lipstick or heavy eye shadow or whatever else there is.

I'm not saying everyone is a natural beauty, and brushing hair or making yourself clean is good, but at some level masking your face with dyes and paint becomes off putting.

I knew someone who was really cute, but when she dressed up and made herself up It became distasteful.

I get doing it if your in a theater play or something but most guys I speak to share my opinion that lipstick and whatnot detracts from a women's overall aesthetic.
I don't wear that much make-up. A little eye liner/mascara/maybe a little color on my lips. With the stay at home quarantine I pretty much stopped wearing make-up. I have to admit it is kind of nice to skip this part in my routine. I don't really look that much different without.

Now.. why do we wear it? It's like the finishing touch. I always feel finished when I have my make-up on. Again I go for the natural look so most guys actually don't really notice WHAT it is I have that is different, but I do get more attention and looks when I wear it and I'm all done up.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:34 PM

335 posts, read 187,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I used to wear makeup when I was younger, both in school and then in the workforce, but as I am blessed with a peaches and cream complexion and no blotches, I wear very little foundation as an adult (high school was different, but as it turns out, my wearing of foundation in high school helped preserve my skin from the sun).

In my opinion, lightly applied makeup, from eyebrow plumper, to a thin coat of dark mascara, some powdered blush, and then lipstick, usually brightens a woman's face. Subtlety is key.

However, the trend now seems to be thick, fake eyelashes, covered in globs of mascara, lipstick that does look like thick axle grease, and heavily contoured makeup. Many women who would otherwise be beautiful, look like clowns, in my opinion.

When I acted in plays we had to wear more makeup so that people in the audience could make out our features (men and women), but up close, it looks awful. Makeup that used to be worn for dark dance venues, is now seen up close and personal. Here's an example of a woman who's makeup makes her look fake. It gets in the way of seeing what she really looks like:

The first example is ridiculous, I would never wear that much make-up. The second example is pretty close to what I would wear, although the eye liner is a bit dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty