U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

4,084 posts, read 1,003,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
While everyone here probably knows I wear a lot of pink (especially Fairy Tale pink), I have a few of the same shirts in other colors too, particularly performance pique polos and interlock polos. I have a few non-pink casual button-down shirts as well, as well as some non-pink pullover fleeces.

I know you do....from reading your posts. BUT I was talking to Tzaphkiel & about her man's closet....it was kinda confusing. Thank you tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM

400 posts, read 155,618 times
I've done this all my life. It can be hard to find things that fit well and you feel you look good in, so why not buy in the colors you like? I do the same with shoes, in part because I've always worn a small size and as I got older and developed bunions, hammertoes and sensitive balls of feet, I'd buy every color a style came in if my feet were happy in them.

I wear Lands End Starfish pants and jeans almost all the time now that I'm retired, so I have a lot of them and some in reserve - and when I find a pair of shorts I like, I buy them in multiple colors too. Bottom line, it's more efficient. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

6,171 posts, read 9,074,667 times
I have multiple pairs of the same style sneakers in different colors.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

27,857 posts, read 31,414,968 times
I have on occasion. A lot more when I was younger. Not I don't like to get dupes for tops anymore. It made me feel like I was wearing a uniform.

I do get doubles for workout items in multiple colors.

I do have one pair of jeans in two lengths. One for flats one for higher shoes. That was a genius decision! They are still one of the best fitting pairs I have.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

26,653 posts, read 30,909,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
YES! I do this.

I am a *ahem* pudgy gal who has a hard time finding flattering clothes that fit and aren't fussy, and I found one dress that I love.

https://www.womanwithin.com/products/button-front-essential-dress/1006497.html

I wear these for work, play, around the house, everything. I've ordered at least one of every color. multiples of the black and navy that I wear a lot. And I order almost every new color they come out with as soon as they do.

They are wash and wear, they're both dressy and casual, they don't wrinkle if I'm in the car all day. I can wear them with boots or sneakers. I wear them most often unbuttoned at the top with a matching or contrasting tank top underneath. Or with a jacket or sweater over it. With just as many tank tops to choose from, I have a wide variety of combinations that work.

I've only had trouble with a few of the prints fading quickly in the wash... and they actually credited me for those when I complained. In general, the quality of the sewing and buttons and weight of the cotton is very good, not too hot for summer, not bulky under a sweater in winter. Good pockets that will fit my keys and phone so I don't need to carry a purse.

I admit I hoard them a bit.... but I like having a few brand new ones still in the bag waiting for a special occasion or new client meeting.

I don't know what I'd do if they discontinued this dress!
I used to buy Leslie Faye jacket dresses for work. People called them my "uniforms".

I also had Hush Puppies Angel low heeled pumps in multiple colors that I could wear for 16 hour days.

Most recently I found some house slippers I like. I bought one pair in a local store, then went online to find three more.

Old Today, 02:37 AM

6,086 posts, read 3,343,169 times
Yes, I do on occasion when something is quite comfortable. Bought a pair of Teva sandals a couple of years ago, I could walk miles in them. Bought all three colors.

I try to keep my wardrobe simple. Pants and tops--if they are comfortable and fit me well, I will buy a couple of colors.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

6,591 posts, read 8,942,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
...I figure if a man can have a closet full of white shirts or blue shirts, then I can have a closet of 30 pink shirts all the same...
Right, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I don't wear a lot of pink....so I could never see the reason for 30 pink shirts. If you have to buy multiples tho........why not get it in different colors? I dunno what your man's closet has to do with what you buy for yourself.
I wear black a lot because I think it's chic & of course flattering. Now I love color too, but back to the black...I haven't counted but I probably have 25-30+ different styles of black tops.

Regarding colors, I have the same colors in sometimes different shades. But usually w/ colors, there's certain shades I like better than others. For example w/ blues, I LOVE royal blue, teal, turquoise, seafoam blue/green, & periwinkle.

The color I just NEVER EVER get is brown and tan.

Old Today, 03:06 PM

4,084 posts, read 1,003,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Right, I agree!

I wear black a lot because I think it's chic & of course flattering. Now I love color too, but back to the black...I haven't counted but I probably have 25-30+ different styles of black tops.

Most of my tees I wear with jeans or yoga pants & tops with camis.......so I stay away from black AND pink. I have a lot of black yoga pants & leggings tho....AND I wear a lot of jeans too.

Ita tho...it's easier IMO to build a wardrobe around a few basic colors......BUT that's why I love shopping for unique pieces & accessories to add & why I don't buy multiples of stuff. It's not just a color of top......but the style I shop for....so one style or color just won't do. I like to add prints & different textures to my tops...bags....or shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty