Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 02:30 PM

41,655 posts, read 17,252,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Try designers & boutique shops.....even department stores have a lot of size 0 to 4 if you have a slender frame but you are more average height & don't need petite sizes. You can get smaller sizes without having to go to petite EASY IMO.

Then you wouldn't feel you had to buy up everything the same & maybe you could love shopping more.
Not easy. I like a 32 inch inseam for my pants/jeans, 34 inch inseam for my jeans if I wear my ropers for that scrunched up western look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 02:42 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,113 times
I do it all the time. At 6’1”, if I find something that works for me, I buy multiples. Sometimes it’s of the same color, sometimes outs of differing colors.

I buy multiples with shoes and handbags as well.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:49 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,496,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not easy. I like a 32 inch inseam for my pants/jeans, 34 inch inseam for my jeans if I wear my ropers for that scrunched up western look.

Sry...are you a male or female? I dunno what ropers are....BUT jeans with a W/L measurement are super common in boutique sizes 0-4.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:58 PM

41,655 posts, read 17,252,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Sry...are you a male or female? I dunno what ropers are....BUT jeans with a W/L measurement are super common in boutique sizes 0-4.
LoL..I'm female. Ropers are western boots.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:07 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,153,045 times
Underwear, socks, cheap T shirts for working out, jeans. Oh, and dress shirts.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:36 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,622,801 times
I might buy multiples in a generic item, such as black leggings or white t-shirt. Or if I love a pair of shoes and have worn them for 2 years, I might buy a new pair if they're still in stock.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:22 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,075,693 times
I never did this, here's why (specific to my lifestyle but a thing to consider as a money saving tactic)-

* If you wear common sizes you can always replace a favorite item. Just keep track of where you bought it.

* I try to keep my closet organized and having doubles of items just adds to clutter.

* The older you get (especially for women) your sizing can fluctuate dramatically (growth spurts, pregnancy, stress related weight gain) so having a 2nd or 3rd identical item that isn't useable anymore like the 1st item just doubles or triples wasted spending money. I mean it's a win for anyone you gift clothing to, but it's money you could have saved instead. (Same goes for shoes to extent.)

Old 06-24-2020, 09:41 AM

15,197 posts, read 10,158,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
You know what they say, if you find something you REALLY like that's hard to find, get it in multiples, different colors, etc. How often do you do this & if you have, what was the item & why?

Overall throughout my life, I haven't really done this, but, I've done it a few times. The latest being w/ this top: https://www.nyandcompany.com/linen-l...-prod20060027/

I just love everything about it. The style that it's not just a plain top, the fabric's cool airiness, how it fits, & the fact that it comes in 10 colors is great! I got ALL the colors & even got a 2nd of a few colors because I know I'll wear them & in Southern CA where it's warm pretty year-round, I'll wear them often. My only concern is if they'll shrink in the dryer.
I bought 4 different V-neck tee shirts from NY & Company a few years ago. Within a few months they all developed tiny pinholes in the fabric.

But if I like something a lot, whether it be a top, shorts or shoes I will many times buy more than one.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:52 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,075,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I bought 4 different V-neck tee shirts from NY & Company a few years ago. Within a few months they all developed tiny pinholes in the fabric.

But if I like something a lot, whether it be a top, shorts or shoes I will many times buy more than one.

I don't want to go way off topic but over the past 25 years I've noticed a lot of boutique brands have thinner fabric and bad quality craftmanship....I spend more per item when I clothes shop but it's to find an item that will get through a year or two of regular wear, at the very least.

There's much to be said about checking season end clearances for clothes and pants/jeans.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:30 AM

7,297 posts, read 12,201,696 times
I buy a lot of my polos and a few of my chino shorts in different colors from different seasons (mostly spring/summer, but occasionally fall/winter and basic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty