U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

6,583 posts, read 8,938,103 times

Advertisements

You know what they say, if you find something you REALLY like that's hard to find, get it in multiples, different colors, etc. How often do you do this & if you have, what was the item & why?

Overall throughout my life, I haven't really done this, but, I've done it a few times. The latest being w/ this top: https://www.nyandcompany.com/linen-l...-prod20060027/

I just love everything about it. The style that it's not just a plain top, the fabric's cool airiness, how it fits, & the fact that it comes in 10 colors is great! I got ALL the colors & even got a 2nd of a few colors because I know I'll wear them & in Southern CA where it's warm pretty year-round, I'll wear them often. My only concern is if they'll shrink in the dryer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

26,478 posts, read 17,099,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
You know what they say, if you find something you REALLY like that's hard to find, get it in multiples, different colors, etc. How often do you do this & if you have, what was the item & why?

Overall throughout my life, I haven't really done this, but, I've done it a few times. The latest being w/ this top: https://www.nyandcompany.com/linen-l...-prod20060027/

I just love everything about it. The style that it's not just a plain top, the fabric's cool airiness, how it fits, & the fact that it comes in 10 colors is great! I got ALL the colors & even got a 2nd of a few colors because I know I'll wear them & in Southern CA where it's warm pretty year-round, I'll wear them often. My only concern is if they'll shrink in the dryer.
Wash on delicate, dry for a short time on delicate and finish on hanger. I don’t think your worst problem will be shrinkage. You might get pilling or fading. Treat them carefully when you wash them.

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

5,769 posts, read 2,542,911 times
I have about 6 Uniqlo leggings pants. I love them. I have a couple of warm (heattech) pairs for winter, 2 jeans pairs, and 2 summer weight ankle pairs. I also tend to pick up heattech tops if they have them in patterns, but that is rare. They had some in Marimekko this fall and I got 2. I have a ton of the plain heattech tops in both short and long sleeves and I think I still have 6 patterns from 2013.

Other things I used to get multiples of were Merona items from Target- like 3 cardigans, 3 short-sleeve tops, 3 3/4 sleeves, but they’ve discontinued Merona. So sad.

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

17,822 posts, read 22,300,688 times
I do this with tops, shorts and capris. I Just buy them in different colors. if I like the style and it fits and looks good I don't care. I bought 2 short sleeve tops online and chicos off the rack but they only came in 2 colors I wish there were other colors.

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

4,050 posts, read 997,026 times
Quote:

The only time this makes sense to me is for like a cami or tee that can be layered with different outfits & so I wouldn't mind if they were alike......BUT since they are super easy to find & fun to shop for anyways, I don't buy multiples. I am kinda loyal to brands tho....like with leggings & yoga pants.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

47 posts, read 3,668 times
Quote:

SO cute! I love it, I might order some! If I find something I really like I will buy multiples. Especially when it comes to professional shoes and clothing as I find it more difficult to find things I like as this type of clothing and shoes are more constricting and I have them on all day!

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

47 posts, read 3,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Wash on delicate, dry for a short time on delicate and finish on hanger. I don’t think your worst problem will be shrinkage. You might get pilling or fading. Treat them carefully when you wash them.
Good advice. I lay delicate clothing flat on an ironing board.

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

6,583 posts, read 8,938,103 times
After a bit of thinking, I've done this a little more often than I originally thought, especially w/ bottoms/jeans.

If I want cheap, colored jeans in a good variety of colors, the brand Celebrity Pink is it! $20-25

If I want mid-priced, fairly good-quality jeans, Diane Gilman aka DG2 is it! $20-75

If I want good-quality jeans that doesn't break the bank, Wit & Wisdom is it! $30-80

Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM

6,223 posts, read 1,637,695 times
Oh I do it all the time since I have such a hard time finding clothes that fit.

I'm 5'6" but have a petite frame...petite sized pants are too short, long sleeve shirts are too short. Regular size clothes are too big on me but are the right length.
I'm either too tall for my weight or to skinny for my height

One of the reason I hate shopping so when I find something that fits I buy 2-3 of them.

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

4,050 posts, read 997,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh I do it all the time since I have such a hard time finding clothes that fit.

I'm 5'6" but have a petite frame...petite sized pants are too short, long sleeve shirts are too short. Regular size clothes are too big on me but are the right length.
I'm either too tall for my weight or to skinny for my height

One of the reason I hate shopping so when I find something that fits I buy 2-3 of them.

Try designers & boutique shops.....even department stores have a lot of size 0 to 4 if you have a slender frame but you are more average height & don't need petite sizes. You can get smaller sizes without having to go to petite EASY IMO.

Then you wouldn't feel you had to buy up everything the same & maybe you could love shopping more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty