U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2020, 05:36 PM
 
Location: High Desert New Mexico
125 posts, read 31,160 times
Reputation: 106

Advertisements

Anyone here making major changes to the clothes in their closet?

It's time for me to change my wardrobe because I have too many clothes so I'm (transitioning) into a major wardrobe overhaul. The goal fewer tops and pants, completer pieces, by using the "capsule" concept (clothing separates in 2 basic colors with a couple color accents where all pieces go with everything else) and only colors that are flattering to my hair and complexion. Also anything new needs to be excellent quality and natural fibers. It will take time but I think it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2020, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
2,178 posts, read 786,801 times
Reputation: 3018
No not overhauling my entire wardrobe that would cost A LOT of money. I am making small purchases as usual. If I could afford to buy an entire new wardrobe that would be pretty fun though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2020, 12:39 PM
 
Location: High Desert New Mexico
125 posts, read 31,160 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
No not overhauling my entire wardrobe that would cost A LOT of money. I am making small purchases as usual. If I could afford to buy an entire new wardrobe that would be pretty fun though!

My overhaul is definitely transitional due to cost. One piece at a time, or maybe 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2020, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Lake Huron Shores
218 posts, read 31,337 times
Reputation: 117
I might have to. My work clothes are rarely used not since I’m no longer going into office, and I might not be going as often in the future due to COVID related workplace changes...
OTOH I am wearing sleeveless hoodies more often because I’m at home much of the time and feel like wearing something fuzzy & cuddly but summer like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2020, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
5,805 posts, read 8,699,850 times
Reputation: 3236
I've lost some weight, so I'm transitioning my shirts from an XXL to an XL. I found a few of my favorite past styles in XL, including two of my favorite pink polos from Spring/Summer 2018 (Amazon still had the interlock in stock, and the performance pique I bought on eBay). I bought two new performance pique polos in new styles that I didn't have previously in XL for 2020 (one pink, one turquoise), and I just ordered a pink performance polo from Spring/Summer 2016 off Poshmark (the 2016 is lighter than the 2018 and 2020). I would like to find the interlock polo in the same shade of pink from Spring/Summer 2016, as well as a pink pelican print button-down shirt from Spring/Summer 2017 in an XL. I also have been looking since 2016 for a pink interlock polo that I got damaged by bleach from Spring/Summer 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2020, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,868 posts, read 31,432,638 times
Reputation: 27747
In some ways. It is continuing on my theme of the year. I did a big closet purge at the beginning of the year. A huge one honestly. And the things that I put on my wish list were more natural fibers, more not too basic solid colored basics.

I have added chemises to the list - but higher quality than the ones I have and to replace the ones that needed to be retired.

I have picked up a few impulse buys of lounge/workout wear during quarantine though - and a few more nicer solid t-shirts.

Sadly I gotten a few great items for work and stuff right before quarantine and now they sit unworn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2020, 12:33 PM
 
Location: High Desert New Mexico
125 posts, read 31,160 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I've lost some weight, so I'm transitioning my shirts from an XXL to an XL. I found a few of my favorite past styles in XL, including two of my favorite pink polos from Spring/Summer 2018 (Amazon still had the interlock in stock, and the performance pique I bought on eBay). I bought two new performance pique polos in new styles that I didn't have previously in XL for 2020 (one pink, one turquoise), and I just ordered a pink performance polo from Spring/Summer 2016 off Poshmark (the 2016 is lighter than the 2018 and 2020). I would like to find the interlock polo in the same shade of pink from Spring/Summer 2016, as well as a pink pelican print button-down shirt from Spring/Summer 2017 in an XL. I also have been looking since 2016 for a pink interlock polo that I got damaged by bleach from Spring/Summer 2015.

Congratulations on the weight loss! Have you looked for polos on eBay, too? Sometimes I find things there (even new) for a good price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2020, 12:36 PM
 
28 posts, read 29,363 times
Reputation: 21
I am and I'm a guy.
Thought I'd experiment and try some different color tees and shorts as well as shoes. Bought my first turqoise and salmon colored shirts recently. I normally go darker colors but have been talking some female friends who have made those recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2020, 12:38 PM
 
Location: High Desert New Mexico
125 posts, read 31,160 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
In some ways. It is continuing on my theme of the year. I did a big closet purge at the beginning of the year. A huge one honestly. And the things that I put on my wish list were more natural fibers, more not too basic solid colored basics.

I have added chemises to the list - but higher quality than the ones I have and to replace the ones that needed to be retired.

I have picked up a few impulse buys of lounge/workout wear during quarantine though - and a few more nicer solid t-shirts.

Sadly I gotten a few great items for work and stuff right before quarantine and now they sit unworn.

I did a partial closet purge in early April, listed some items on eBay but have boxes and boxes of clothing for Good will--loaded up the car with all of it, drove to Goodwill and they were closed!! Now all the boxes are stacked once again in the basement, taking up space. Hopefully Goodwill will reopen at least for donations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2020, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,868 posts, read 31,432,638 times
Reputation: 27747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog-Mom View Post
I did a partial closet purge in early April, listed some items on eBay but have boxes and boxes of clothing for Good will--loaded up the car with all of it, drove to Goodwill and they were closed!! Now all the boxes are stacked once again in the basement, taking up space. Hopefully Goodwill will reopen at least for donations.
I know! I had done a bunch of Goodwill dumps. I now have a bag and a few other items I'd like to donate.

I also tried Thread Up this year. I didn't get much for the clothing or the shoes, but the purses killed! I made quite a bit with the purses I planned to donate.

Anyway, if you have some somewhat nicer stuff - ThreadUp is a good hack. You can get their bag or a shipping label. And then drop it in the mailbox. If your items don't sell, they donate to dispose. You can also reclaim it if you want. When I was sorting, I picked a few items that may be sellable to send to ThreadUp, but I wasn't doing it to get a significant amount of money. I ended up finding the ThreadUp bags in Macy's and we have a physical store popup (back when stuff was open). So I also have a bang of stuff collecting for ThreadUp too.

You could always just send stuff they won't accept to get it out of your house. I won't tell! (I live in a studio apartment, so I do not have much spare space for stuff I am trying to get rid of.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top