U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 01:25 AM

25 posts, read 1,968 times

Advertisements

One thing good of closing the fitting room - less people will be shoplifting. I am hoping so the stores will have no losses so the prices will go down?

Old 06-29-2020, 01:34 AM

6,621 posts, read 8,960,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
Am I the only one who washes new clothes when I bring them home? Always have.
I know that's what we should do. I admit, I don't always do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If to keep yes, but we are talking about ordering online or buying a few different sizes at the store, then trying on at home and returning the rest. You do not wash things you intend or might return.
I personally never ever bought a few sizes because I couldn't try them on at the store & them returned the ones that didn't work out. If I can't try them on OR I don't know what size to order at 1st, I don't get it. But at my age, I know what size to get at first & based on reading reviews to see if it runs big or small, I order the right thing pretty much 100% of the time.

Now very recently, I did buy some tops that were my usual size that fit fine. I could have kept them, but I returned them for the next size up that particular time because that happened to run a little small & my apt complex gave us these cheap washers & dryers that seem to shrink certain things depending on the fabric, so I wanted to go ahead w/ the next size up that time.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:16 AM

12,763 posts, read 6,101,786 times
Target's dressing rooms are still closed and for awhile you couldn't return clothing items. I wonder how their clothing sales dropped. Imagine trying to buy a bathing suit?

I took my granddaughter to Kohl's Saturday to buy her some new clothes for summer camp and their dressing rooms were closed also. She's had a growth spurt and I despise having to return things. So we found a quiet corner and she tried the new items over her existing shorts.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:41 AM

12,763 posts, read 6,101,786 times
Quote:
It depends on what it is. If it's inexpensive stuff from Wal-Mart or Target I wash it first. If it's a $50 blouse from Dillards, no I don't wash it. Anything that's right next to my skin like underwear and pajamas usually gets washed first and so do jeans. Most of the jeans I have purchased recently say wash before wearing.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:29 AM

773 posts, read 502,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Store fitting rooms not being open is totally logical during this time.

What's odd to me though is that they allow returns when you order clothes online, so God knows what people did to the clothes when they got them at home. They tried them on then too & probably (hopefully not intentionally coughed/sneezed) at some point. Again, no intentionally directly on the clothing, but you know how people just randomly cough/sneeze anyway.
I work for a major retailer and our fitting rooms are closed. If any item is returned, we do not put it back on the selling floor for 2 days. We have an organized system of racks in the back labeled by day- "Monday Quarantine-Return to Floor on Wednesday". It's worked pretty well so far.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:34 PM

10,886 posts, read 4,923,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Now very recently, I did buy some tops that were my usual size that fit fine. I could have kept them, but I returned them for the next size up that particular time because that happened to run a little small & my apt complex gave us these cheap washers & dryers that seem to shrink certain things depending on the fabric, so I wanted to go ahead w/ the next size up that time.
Hmm, seem to recall that the "cheap washer/dryer shrinks clothing" myth was debunked fairly well on your other thread. Either the fabric was cheap or you weren't selecting the appropriate cycle/time for those machines.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 PM

1,926 posts, read 991,130 times
Quote:
No. Only sheets and towels....oh, yes, underware.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:17 PM

7,801 posts, read 3,664,012 times
Yeah, it sure is dumb for stores to choose to forego revenue in favor of limiting the spread of a highly contagious serious potentially life-threatening disease, and to cause YOU a minor inconvenience in the process.

Boo. Freaking. Hoo.

Here, let me get my violin and play a threnody for your late lamented shopping expedition.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:40 PM

15,476 posts, read 989,415 times
Quote:
No, you are not.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:54 PM

918 posts, read 449,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If to keep yes, but we are talking about ordering online or buying a few different sizes at the store, then trying on at home and returning the rest. You do not wash things you intend or might return.

Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.