U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 12:14 PM

17,285 posts, read 14,339,907 times

Advertisements

not dumb at all, makes total sense. Annoying, yes. But not dumb.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:45 PM

10,886 posts, read 4,923,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm surprised online shopping takes returns because as you say, we don't know what sick people are trying them on and sending them back
Again, its about the lag time involved and how long the virus persists on surfaces. Shipping a return back to the vendor takes several days...long enough to disable it.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:18 PM

9,020 posts, read 2,490,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Again, its about the lag time involved and how long the virus persists on surfaces. Shipping a return back to the vendor takes several days...long enough to disable it.

Its also going to a warehouse facility not back into a store where customers are.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:15 PM

1,408 posts, read 1,058,692 times
So you don’t mind them jacking up the prices to pay for the extra staff needed to go and sanitize each changing room after each use? Bearing in mind that we still have a shortage on disinfectant and wipes?

Old 06-30-2020, 04:50 PM

198 posts, read 61,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
It wasn't until I was finished shopping around for clothes to buy only to find out the fitting rooms weren't open due to COVID-19. I'm one of those people who won't buy shirts/pants/shorts unless I try it on first. I even told an employee this. I found out that the fitting rooms won't be open until my State's Governor opens Phase 5 of the reopening plan.

I ended up shopping at another retailer online where if the clothes don't fit right, I can take it back.
That's good to know. I was thinking of buying some clothes; now I'll wait until things have settled down some more.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:02 PM

11,184 posts, read 10,265,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
It wasn't until I was finished shopping around for clothes to buy only to find out the fitting rooms weren't open due to COVID-19. I'm one of those people who won't buy shirts/pants/shorts unless I try it on first. I even told an employee this. I found out that the fitting rooms won't be open until my State's Governor opens Phase 5 of the reopening plan.

I ended up shopping at another retailer online where if the clothes don't fit right, I can take it back.
But don't you have the same option of taking it back at the store? If not, you should talk to the manager.

If it were me, I'd experiment with trying on the shirt over what I was wearing, out in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I have not been in a fitting room in years, i buy everything online, try it on, send the ones I do not want back. It works great, you should try it.

If you do not want to shop online, simply buy a few sizes of the items you want, try on at home, return the rest.
Sorry, but that seems crazy to me - wasting time, packaging, postage. And it's not even jut a matter of fit. Anyone who cares about clothes would want to check the fabric, the quality, the hang.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:37 PM

4,921 posts, read 2,236,064 times
You must live a very sheltered life if you think fitting rooms closed during a pandemic is the "dumbest thing ever".

Old 07-01-2020, 04:52 AM

7,909 posts, read 4,383,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
But don't you have the same option of taking it back at the store? If not, you should talk to the manager.

If it were me, I'd experiment with trying on the shirt over what I was wearing, out in the store.

Sorry, but that seems crazy to me - wasting time, packaging, postage. And it's not even jut a matter of fit. Anyone who cares about clothes would want to check the fabric, the quality, the hang.
You could talk to management all you like but at the moment anything touched by a person is being treated as a biohazard material and stores open to the public on their own but with state pressure are not assuming the risk. And as an industry are willing to anger the customer who wants to return something in favor of appeasing the customers who fear infection and death.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:58 AM

12,763 posts, read 6,101,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yeah, it sure is dumb for stores to choose to forego revenue in favor of limiting the spread of a highly contagious serious potentially life-threatening disease, and to cause YOU a minor inconvenience in the process.

Boo. Freaking. Hoo.

Here, let me get my violin and play a threnody for your late lamented shopping expedition.
Wow - totally rude & unnecessary.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:24 AM

7,801 posts, read 3,664,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Wow - totally rude & unnecessary.
Sorry, people who go along in their own little self-absorbed bubbles and complain about tiny inconveniences in the midst of a worldwide pandemic that the US and local governments are failing to control, need to be called out. It's time for straight talk, folks. No more tiptoeing around matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.