Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What takes longer: Summer vs winter get ready routine
Summer 4 36.36%
Winter 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 07:50 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if you mean clothes wise or make-up. For me, living in Florida it takes little time to get ready in the summer. I throw on a sundress or shorts and a tank top with a pair of sandals and I'm good to go. I wear very little make-up because of the heat & humidity.

Winter may involve closed shoes or if it's really chilly (below 60), boots & socks, layering & I wear more make-up. I can't remember the last time I had on a winter coat, probably at least 10 years. I brought one wool coat with me when I moved back to Florida in 1999; I've had it on maybe three times in 21 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 10:21 AM

1,042 posts, read 874,512 times
Summer takes much less time. I seldom wear makeup in the summer [only moisturizer and sunblock] and almost always wear sunglasses. letting hair go naturally crazy is acceptable in the summer. I spend a little less time on working out because I am moving and lifting more in my summertime activities.
I also take quick refreshing showers in the summer, whereas spending huge ammounts of time luxuriating in the bathtub in the winter.
I don't tan at all in the summer, but somehow avoid having the blotchy gray skin I have in the winter, which always needs a little color if I don't want strangers coming up to me, grabbing my arm and saying "are you okay? Why don't you sit down here while I get you a glass of water." I am now a senior citizen, and I use more blush than I ever did as a young woman for this reason.

Old 07-11-2020, 02:51 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Summer is more of a chore for me. I need to put on a higher SPF sunscreen that doesn't go on as easily as the one I use in winter and also need to spray UV protectant mist in my hair and likely put my hair up if it is going to be warm out since it is long and will just make me feel hot. Since I'm wearing short sleeves/no sleeves I also need to apply sunscreen to all the exposed areas which takes longer. Going without SPF is not an option since my hair is reddish and I will burn within 10-15 minutes if I don't wear it.

Winter is easier. Lower SPF on the face and neck/back of hands and just picking the proper thickness coat or hoodie based on the temperature outdoors.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:55 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Hm, good question.

Winter: have to put on all those layers. Don't have to do much with your hair, though, because your hat's going to mess it up anyway. Probably doesn't matter what you do with makeup if you're the makeup-wearing type, 'cause you're going to have bleary eyes and a red nose anyway.

Summer: people will actually see what you're wearing because you're not wearing a ton of layers, so what you have on matters and you have to make an effort.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:48 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,404,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm not sure if you mean clothes wise or make-up. For me, living in Florida it takes little time to get ready in the summer. I throw on a sundress or shorts and a tank top with a pair of sandals and I'm good to go. I wear very little make-up because of the heat & humidity.

Winter may involve closed shoes or if it's really chilly (below 60), boots & socks, layering & I wear more make-up. I can't remember the last time I had on a winter coat, probably at least 10 years. I brought one wool coat with me when I moved back to Florida in 1999; I've had it on maybe three times in 21 years.
I was asking a mix of both. As a guy I don’t know who here wears makeup and what their routine is . I just wanted to know what takes longer door to door when you are trying to dress up and go to work. I notice adding on and streamlining my layers takes up time in the winter.

The only things I put in my face are coconut oil and sunscreen on my face, and maybe shaving cream if I shaved that day .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty