Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 02:28 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That's impossible when there's such a wide variety of foundations. You can't tell me that Ilia Skin Tint Foundation and Tarte Amazonian Clay are similar in any way. One is very thin and liquidy, the other is thicker and denser and doesn't run.

I was comparing BB cream to foundation....it's not just how it is out of the tube, it's how it blends or the coverage it offers. Foundations are heavier & they have the most coverage AND that's why they come in more tones. If you don't match it well......it looks awful. Like when you see somebody that her face doesn't match her lower neck. That is foundation.......& not BB cream. You don't see BB cream tho. It blends in more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 02:31 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I was comparing BB cream to foundation....it's not just how it is out of the tube, it's how it blends or the coverage it offers. Foundations are heavier & they have the most coverage AND that's why they come in more tones. If you don't match it well......it looks awful. Like when you see somebody that her face doesn't match her lower neck. That is foundation.......& not BB cream. You don't see BB cream tho. It blends in more.
Again, that's not that case with all foundations.

Nevermind. You have dug your heels in. I'm now banging my head against a brick wall.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:12 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Again, that's not that case with all foundations.

Nevermind. You have dug your heels in. I'm now banging my head against a brick wall.

Sry.....I know makeup super well & foundations are heavier than BB creams....check Cosmo or any beauty mag or beauty counter. I do makeovers & review products on my channel all the time.

edit: AND I use a lot of them as a resource......

Last edited by TashaPosh; 07-22-2020 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-22-2020, 05:35 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I like powder foundation. Let's argue!

Old 07-22-2020, 05:43 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I like powder foundation. Let's argue!
Haha! Perfect!

Old 07-22-2020, 06:17 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Sry.....I know makeup super well & foundations are heavier than BB creams....check Cosmo or any beauty mag or beauty counter. I do makeovers & review products on my channel all the time.

edit: AND I use a lot of them as a resource......
That's nice! You do your thing. Others do their thing. And I do my thing. Honestly I could not give a hoot about Cosmo.

A bit of powder, mascara, tinted chap stick. That has to do and has done for the last 15 years working from home. War paint when required. After all we are in Oklahoma! Earrings as me not wearing some will trigger immediate presents from SO. Yes, he has pretty good taste.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:04 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
That's nice! You do your thing. Others do their thing. And I do my thing. Honestly I could not give a hoot about Cosmo.

A bit of powder, mascara, tinted chap stick. That has to do and has done for the last 15 years working from home. War paint when required. After all we are in Oklahoma! Earrings as me not wearing some will trigger immediate presents from SO. Yes, he has pretty good taste.
I didn't know there was tinted Chap Stick - I'll have to try that. I got some Tangee lipstick from Vermont Country Store, but it was still too bright and I had to blot most of it off. I'm in the bit of powder and mascara camp too, but I have to add eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows just quit in the middle.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:09 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post

Have you changed up your makeup now that you're wearing face masks?

Yes no need for makeup or dentures these days

Old 07-23-2020, 02:22 AM

142 posts, read 71,541 times
No I only do my eyes. I never wore foundation and all that crazy stuff anyway.... Goo I'm glad people are not wearing as much makeup.. you don't need it

Old 07-23-2020, 02:24 AM

142 posts, read 71,541 times
In so glad people are staying home and living boring lives... Now people know how I feel!!!!! Hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty