Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 06:09 AM

24,245 posts, read 10,556,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I didn't know there was tinted Chap Stick - I'll have to try that. I got some Tangee lipstick from Vermont Country Store, but it was still too bright and I had to blot most of it off. I'm in the bit of powder and mascara camp too, but I have to add eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows just quit in the middle.
I am happy with Burt's Bees tinted; very reasonable on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 07:21 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,103,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport185 View Post
No I only do my eyes. I never wore foundation and all that crazy stuff anyway.... Goo I'm glad people are not wearing as much makeup.. you don't need it

You may not.... I do! lol

Old 07-23-2020, 08:47 AM

15,209 posts, read 10,238,419 times
Wearing less; usually just mascara & filling in my brows. It's too hot to wear foundation and so much of my face is covered with the mask that I see no need to wear it.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:37 AM

2,109 posts, read 1,441,457 times
Wear the same. We are WFH fulltime still and have zoom meetings so wearing a mask only happens when shopping. Zoom already makes you look bad, so I fix up as usual. Don't like looking and feeling like a pig. Zoom is like a work badge - it destroys your self esteem and teaches you humbleness. : )

Old 07-23-2020, 09:56 AM

20,894 posts, read 28,287,318 times
I haven't worn make up in 6 months so really nothing has changed.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,539,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
That's nice! You do your thing. Others do their thing. And I do my thing. Honestly I could not give a hoot about Cosmo.

I just gave several references for what I was saying is all.......since a poster was telling me I was wrong about BB cream & foundation.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:43 AM

21,832 posts, read 9,386,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I’m wearing less makeup because I’m only running to the grocery store, not because of the mask.
Same.

On a normal day, I wear sunscreen, face cream, foundation, a bit of eyeliner and blush. When I go out, I add false eyelashes (have very little eyelashes due to chemo), eyeshadow and some lipstick. Now I just mostly put on the normal stuff. I don't put it on every day though. Since I started taking hormone blockers, I don't even have to wash my face every day anymore. Maybe the one benefit of cancer.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:48 PM

20,894 posts, read 28,287,318 times
I used to love wearing make up. I would never leave the house without it. In the last 2-3 years I stopped wearing make up even to work with the exception of lip gloss. If I go out with friends or to dinner then I put on make up. In my younger days I used the BB creams, liquid, foundations and powder not any more. My husband says I look beautiful the natural way but he doesn't mind make up either. I started wearing make up at age 13, I am 49 now.It does not take me long to apply make up but I just can't be bothered anymore. My mom said it's a sign of letting your self go. LOL she's 75 and still puts on a full face even when she's not working (yes she still works) BTW she does not look 75 because she has always taken pride in how she looks.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:29 PM

335 posts, read 185,239 times
I usually wear light make-up but I have become used to wearing no make-up. I wash my face, put on some lip balm, brush my teeth and some light moisturizer. I have also been avoiding heat on my hair. I wash and braid my hair letting it air dry. I have to admit it is kind of nice.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:22 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
My generation uses BB & CC creams as a one step process for daily skin care & a more natural look. Maybe I will change my mind when I'm older & need more coverage. If it works for you tho, wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Your generation (I'm assuming millennial?) also uses foundation ... I can point you to a gazillion YouTube videos to prove my point. If foundation were so "old fashioned", I doubt makeup lines like Fenty, Colourpop, Tarte, Urban Decay, Benefit, Too Faced, MUFE, etc. would carry it.

It's not all heavy and cakey. It's not all full coverage. Many are light or medium coverage. It's not all matte. They don't all sit on the skin. Many of them look quite natural. If you don't want to use it, that's perfectly fine. But you're sharing incorrect information.
Here's something to back you up, hertfordshire:

- this is halfway into the article -
Craving coverage? Opt for foundation, which works to improve skin tone while also camouflaging blemishes. Foundations of the past were known for being thick and cakey on the skin, but the application, comfort, and finish of today's formulas bear a striking difference. It's true that foundation is thicker in consistency than tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams, but the beauty of this base product is that it's available in a wide range of thickness, from light to medium to heavy. Plus, they're more likely to come in a slew of shades for all different skin tones, and can be used for both everyday wear or special occasions that call for heavier coverage.

TP - maybe if you could be just a little more aware and sensitive instead of in every post talking about "age", "generation", and "old" you'd come across better. This is not your channel of millennials so it really doesn't play well here. And every time you use your disclaimer of "IMO" it rings completely false because of your tone and use of language. Please save that for when you're talking to JUST "your generation" - I'm sure THEY love being all young and new.

BTW - i use a "whipped" foundation every single day and also wear a mask, every single day - no issues with it rubbing off. It's much more likely the other poster's particular formula that is the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty