Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 02:05 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

I'm trying one of my new suits I orderd online...a new long sleeve with the bikini bottom... like came out in Miami in the spring. Kinda a little surfer ish...& IMO it's perfect for lounging outside.

Lots of super cute styles this year......I bought several ofc.

Pls share your favorite swimwear fashion for 2020!

edit: pls don't make it about hating bikinis or certain styles.........but your FAVORITES. ^^ Thank you.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-14-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 02:56 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
2020, my favorite swimwear. Well, since our pool was closed and the beach close to our area was closed, and the pool at the rec center was closed, my favorite swimwear is the same old black set I have worn the last 2 years to do some sunning in the driveway. But it's comfy, well worn and serves the purpose. My husband lights up watching me toss the clothing catalogs we get in the mail to the trash when he hands them to me. WFH roomwear. That's fashion 2020 for me.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
2020, my favorite swimwear. Well, since our pool was closed and the beach close to our area was closed, and the pool at the rec center was closed, my favorite swimwear is the same old black set I have worn the last 2 years to do some sunning in the driveway. But it's comfy, well worn and serves the purpose. My husband lights up watching me toss the clothing catalogs we get in the mail to the trash when he hands them to me. WFH roomwear. That's fashion 2020 for me.

I'm sry your pool is closed.....that makes it hard. Lots of ppl have pools in their yard & lots of HOA's have opened pools in some areas......they just allow fewer ppl in. I still thought it would be fun to talk about in Fashion & Beauty......instead of more stuff about covid.

Outside & social distancing is the only place I can visit with a friend or two lately.....so that's why I chose the new & kinda sporty look of long sleeves & a bikini bottom as one of my new swimsuits. It's more coverage....AND it's super casual & comfortable.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:53 AM

No, I hear you. I don't like talking about covid either. It is a reality though that affects lifestyle. I am sitting in my room what, for a total of 6 months now. 8 hours a day at my vanity table with a laptop. No incentive to buy swimwear or clothes. Whenever we return to work, my old wardrobe is going to be new. Other than one girl that showed up in a print short leather miniskirt with a print fur scarf around her shoulders for a meeting, I don't remember what my co workers wore the last few years. I do experiment and buy makeup and try different hair styles to see what works.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:54 AM

Your outfit sounds cute though. Long sleeves with a bikini bottom. I bet that was fun to wear.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
No, I hear you. I don't like talking about covid either. It is a reality though that affects lifestyle.

Ofc....BUT....IMO we have to make an effort to stay in shape & still feel good about ourselves & for our significant others....AND swimming or visiting with a couple of friends in our yard is a good way to do it.

Fashion & Beauty & a healthy lifestyle is something that has always interested me & made me feel good....so....there's no reason to stop it IMO.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Your outfit sounds cute though. Long sleeves with a bikini bottom. I bet that was fun to wear.

Thank you.......it is.....& it's super comfortable!

Old 08-24-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ofc....BUT....IMO we have to make an effort to stay in shape & still feel good about ourselves & for our significant others....AND swimming or visiting with a couple of friends in our yard is a good way to do it.

Fashion & Beauty & a healthy lifestyle is something that has always interested me & made me feel good....so....there's no reason to stop it IMO.
Oh yeah. I was in the garage at 3:10 am this morning for a 2 hour workout. Garage is about as inspiring as...… well.....anyhow, I do the things I need to do. If I miss, I feel horrible. Yes we need to stay in shape and I definitely want to look nice at home. Husband has to live with me and I feel like a slob if I don't. I am just not into shopping right now. I think you just got married. You know men.... husb is not going to notice the new outfit. Maybe yours does but mine is a typical man.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Thank you.......it is.....& it's super comfortable!
That's a win!

Old 08-24-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yes we need to stay in shape and I definitely want to look nice at home. Husband has to live with me and I feel like a slob if I don't. I am just not into shopping right now. I think you just got married. You know men.... husb is not going to notice the new outfit. Maybe yours does but mine is a typical man.

I'm engaged......we're getting married NYE this year. My fiance usually notices......specially bikinis & lingerie. He would not notice a new pair of jeans or skirt tho unless I tell him it's new....he is the typical man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty