Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 10:12 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
For the men... the very best belts I have found, meaning stylish and high quality, are from Orvis. They are not cheap, but really, how many belts does anyone need in their life? I think a quality belt makes a perfect Christmas present. My hubby keeps losing weight though, so I must get him a new one this year.
Gentlearts, my problem is my doctor said I need to watch my weight, so I've got it out there where I can see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 01:59 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Boden --Most of my clothes come from there. Quality clothes, good Customer Service.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:42 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I pretty much hate online shopping, but over the past couple of years I have gotten plenty of staples from Universal Standard. They hand out some serious discounts on their mailing list. While not everything fits, things things that do are really well made and versatile. They have sizes 00-40 for everything snd many items have petites. So likely the biggest size range you will ever find.
I had never heard of Universal Standard before your post so I decided to check out the site ...

I like the inclusivity on the site, but what do they have against pattern? I’m not even talking anything crazy like tie die ... there’s nary a stripe or a polka dot anywhere in their inventory! God forbid a floral!

And much of it looks oversized and shapeless. Sorry, definitely not my bag.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:20 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Boden --Most of my clothes come from there. Quality clothes, good Customer Service.
My favorite jacket came from there. Their items a just a bit different looking from the same old things everywhere else.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

The hardest things for me to find are athletic clothing.
I was surprised at the huge selection of athletic clothing at Old Navy. I order tops online from them for both my son and myself because they have petites (for me) and talls for him. I never thought I would shop there but I have quite a few things from them now.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:36 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times
Love Zulily for vivid prints and comfy dresses and tunic tops. But recently discovered Dressbarn. My daughter loves Nordstroms, and there was a top she bought herself that I was obsessed with. Knowing that, she bought me one- for $69, which I have never spent on a top. So I went searching online for similar style tops and discovered Dressbarn. Many cute tops, and many on clearance now, at a much better price.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:53 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
I use Nordstrom a lot. Anthropologie. Loft for shorts. Athleta, Vuori, or Lululemon for athletic clothing. Banana Republic. JCrew. Neiman Marcus. Honestly, all stores I could drive to in 5 minutes, but I don't right now.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:48 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Does a certain raincoat keep popping up on your Facebook? It comes in a lot of great colors and is selling for $92. I’m tempted, but I know it’s probably some random place in China, so I can’t pull the trigger. I don’t need it, but it is stylish.

I buy a lot of shoes from QVC. For some reason they always fit great and are reasonably priced.
I don’t buy from China. Too risky.

I only ever bought clothing items from QVC once. I had to return them because they did not fit. I don’t care for the shoe brands I’ve seen at QVC. I need firm support. I usually end up in a pair of Keens. I have been a Zappos customer for almost 20 years.

If I buy another raincoat it will likely be from LE or Bean. Maybe Columbia, if they make a longer style.

The online brand I’d like to try is NYDJ, but I haven’t pulled the trigger.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:01 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don’t buy from China. Too risky.

I only ever bought clothing items from QVC once. I had to return them because they did not fit. I don’t care for the shoe brands I’ve seen at QVC. I need firm support. I usually end up in a pair of Keens. I have been a Zappos customer for almost 20 years.

If I buy another raincoat it will likely be from LE or Bean. Maybe Columbia, if they make a longer style.

The online brand I’d like to try is NYDJ, but I haven’t pulled the trigger.
NYDJ are good, but very stretchy, so size down. I have 2 pairs of the Marilyns.
The thing is, they’re over $100. and I can do just as well for less.

I love love my Lands End, mid rise, straight legs, and I think they only cost about $40. on sale. They have a very comfortable amount of stretch, but don’t get baggy.

The shoes I get from QVC are Sketchers and Ryka.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:17 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
My favorite jacket came from there. Their items a just a bit different looking from the same old things everywhere else.
^That is why I like them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty