Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 06:56 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times

Advertisements

Depends on what you wear them for. I'd say those are good for working in your garden. But for hiking on gravelly trails or walking on an icy sidewalk, etc., I'd want something with more traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 08:08 PM

604 posts, read 839,392 times
They need to be replaced. It’s not just the sole wear, it’s the inner support that also wears out. As others have said, worn out shoes will lead to foot, leg and back issues. Proper cushioning in athletic shoes is very important.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:08 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
OMG, those should have been replaced a LONG time ago. They are wearing unevenly which is horrible for you to walk in.

If you don't want to replace them, have a shoe repairman fix the soles to make them proper for walking again.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:35 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,223 times
I would welcome this excuse to go shopping

Old 09-05-2020, 03:16 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Do my sneakers need to be replaced?

If you're wearing so other shoes, and walk into a room and know your sneakers are there before you even see them, then yes, it's time to replace them.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:10 PM

3,492 posts, read 1,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you need strangers to tell you when to replace shoes, how can you function in daily life?? Are you an adult?

It's a good thing I did ask. Had I not asked the question, I would've kept the shoes until they literally fell apart. Many posters here have a taught me a good lesson on how bad it is to keep wearing shoes that have uneven wear. I was not unaware of the dangers. Yes, I'm an adult, but I'm not a podiatrist, so I don't know much about foot health.

Lots of good advice given and I'm very grateful to all who have been helpful.

Old 09-08-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
They needed replacing a long time ago. Sneakers should be replaced every year. Once the sole starts to erode, the show is no longer providing you the correct support for your feet.

Isn't that a bit excessive? I have two pairs of shoes that I alternate during the spring/summer and I alternate between two pairs because of the amount of walking I do. I also have another pair that I wear in the winter that's made of less breathable material so my feet aren't cold. I only the wear the one pair in the winter since I don't do as much walking, so no need to alternate. I do have snow boots as well but since it doesn't snow too often here in NY, they may get worn only a few times in the winter.

So since I regularly wear a total of three pairs of sneakers every years, that would mean I need to replace THREE pairs of sneakers every year?!?!

Old 09-08-2020, 09:19 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
If I had these, the only reason I would replace them would be because my wife made me. I would then keep them handy for things like mowing the yard, going fishing, etc.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:39 PM

So long as I'm throwing out my old, worn out sneakers, here's another pair that I own which is just as old as the Nike Tanjun shoes that I have shown in my first post. They are the same age too. This is my third summer wearing these and I alternate these with the Nike's.

As you can see, they are bit more durable mainly because there is a rubber sole on this one. It's not as worn out as the Nike's, but the wear is becoming uneven and the wearing out is happening moreso on the middle of the top half, just like the Nike's are.

So what do you guys think of these? To keep or not to keep?

Old 09-19-2020, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
These are how the bottom of my Nike Tanjun sneakers look as of now. I wear them every summer and this is my third year wearing them and I walk a lot in them. As you can see, the top half shows significant amount of wear. Is it time to replace or should I wait until it wears out even more, possibly until it falls apart?

https://i.postimg.cc/NfX4h17m/IMG-1036.jpg
Hi.I always do that! I wear sneakers until they fall apart. because I fall in love with my sneakers. now i love buffalo london
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty