Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 08:36 PM

30,101 posts, read 11,712,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I live in Colorado. I have worn my heavy winter coat on the Fourth of July, and shorts and a t-shirt on New Year's Day. I go off of the current weather conditions.
Looks like you are going to need it tomorrow.

For myself I have lived most of my life in Southern California, Arizona and near the Texas coast. You can survive in the first two with a sweatshirt or light jacket. The Texas coast most of the time is as warm as the other two but there was one time where cold and icy for days. With that north wind. But even with that some years you would not need winter clothes at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 08:40 PM

1,154 posts, read 365,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Looks like you are going to need it tomorrow.
Yes, we are! Just walked outside and the temp has dropped more then twenty degrees and has a long way to go. Can smell the rain/snow under the ever present smoke. Hoping the precipitation gives the firefighters a much-deserved break. We really need the moisture to help get the fires under control.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:43 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,167,491 times
I live in Colorado. It was 101 degrees over the weekend, and in the 90s today. Tomorrow the high will be mid-30s and they are predicting up to 5 inches of snow. It will be in the 80s by the weekend.

There is no such thing as summer clothes and winter clothes here, you just have to dress for what the weather is at any given time.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,705,219 times
Are we talking about winter winter, foot of snow on ground.. That does not happen until December

But if we are talking about cold weather clothes (sweater weather) then it has already started here in Michigan. Last night I gave in & pulled out my winter clothe from storage. I will start with just cardigan & light sweaters for next 2 months before moving into even heavier clothes. I also pulled out my perfect summer clothes and put them in storage. Will take more out of "summer wardrobe" as i do laundry over this month. September is my transition month & October is the real fall

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SWITCH WARDROBE? I wear the same thing over and over again so I find it easier to assign certain style for 2 months & then do a transition month (as happening now) then move to another style for another 2 months.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:49 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,397,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Are we talking about winter winter, foot of snow on ground.. That does not happen until December

But if we are talking about cold weather clothes (sweater weather) then it has already started here in Michigan. Last night I gave in & pulled out my winter clothe from storage. I will start with just cardigan & light sweaters for next 2 months before moving into even heavier clothes. I also pulled out my perfect summer clothes and put them in storage. Will take more out of "summer wardrobe" as i do laundry over this month. September is my transition month & October is the real fall

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SWITCH WARDROBE? I wear the same thing over and over again so I find it easier to assign certain style for 2 months & then do a transition month (as happening now) then move to another style for another 2 months.
I think November here is cold enough to qualify as winter. We may not get snow, but it’s definitely heavy jacket weather. I pull out my heavy coat & gloves in mid November, and have my snow blower charged up to go.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:01 AM

50,283 posts, read 63,807,181 times
I have some jeans on today, because it’s a gray, rainy day. If I went outside, I’d be too hot, but I’m in the AC. I just sort of missed them.

Really, I can get by with a sweater here most of the time, but can wear a jacket for a few weeks in Jan and Feb.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:12 AM

849 posts, read 688,834 times
I'll start wearing long pants when it's below 70-75 degrees

I'll start wearing long sleeves when it's below 60-65 degrees

I'll start wearing a light jacket below 50-55 degrees

Heavy jacket below 40-45, and multiple layers if below freezing

Old 09-09-2020, 10:16 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,002,528 times
If you live in Colorado, you put your winter clothes on yesterday. LOL

Old 09-09-2020, 11:31 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,167,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
If you live in Colorado, you put your winter clothes on yesterday. LOL
and then the summer clothes again starting Sunday when it's back in the mid-80s again for a week

Old 09-09-2020, 11:43 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,654,582 times
We had a cool morning that dropped to 62 in the morning and I see people in jackets while the temps climbed back up to 86. I was outside in shirt shorts and the temps didn't bother me at all. That's why it's not about when, if some people are sensitive to the cold they will start wearing thicker clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty