Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 03:11 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

In the 21 years he's lived here, I've rarely, rarely seen my roommate without wearing his baseball cap, it wouldn't surprise me if he sleeps with it on. And when he takes it off, it's like I've suddenly got a new roommate, it's that transformational, and he's not even near being bald.

I've seen that with others, even a neighbor who sometimes wears a floppy hat. Like looking at a whole different person.

The shape of my head doesn't conform to wearing a cap very well, you need a certain head shape for it to create the WOW effect!

And then there's those that wear their caps backwards on their heads! What a transformation that is! They look look like they just landed from outer space!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 12:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Well, it does not transform me, but it does hide my hair on a bad hair day!

Old 09-19-2020, 12:49 PM

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
I think more people are wearing hats, because of covid.....not getting hair cuts or color.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:25 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Yes, hats ARE transformative!

My husband wears his stupid ball cap every time he steps out of the house. And he has all his hair. I hate it.

I have to wear a visor since every hat I've ever worn slips off my head. So frustrating. The floppy hats are useless for sun protection if there's any breeze. The front blows backward.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:08 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I've known people who wear the same dang hat all the time...lol

I love hats, and have a pretty large collection myself, but really only wear them in winter or cooler weather.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:18 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Depending on the hat, they can help transform you to a gentleman or an assclown.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:28 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,458,867 times
No. It's just you or whomever wearing a hat.

However, a classy cowboy hat on some women look amazing. Especially for some reason women with long blond hair - Lindsay Vonn with her ski cap is an example. But you have to leave it on. You can never take it off or you have mashed down hat hair to display to all.

There is one man I know that wears one all the time - baseball or cowboy. It is neither here nor there but if he ever removed it, you would take two steps back like someone shaving their beard or mustache after years of wearing it.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:16 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Depending on the hat, they can help transform you to a gentleman or an assclown.

IMO....a hat doesn't make either one on a man... Fashion & style can ofc make everybody look more attractive or accentuate parts of us BUT a hat doesn't do anything but hide you. It can be useful to protect you from the sun tho....or some guys like wearing them to outdoor games....edit: specially baseball hats. Luckily my fiance likes going to basketball games more...

Last edited by TashaPosh; 09-22-2020 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, hats ARE transformative!

My husband wears his stupid ball cap every time he steps out of the house. And he has all his hair. I hate it.

I have to wear a visor since every hat I've ever worn slips off my head. So frustrating. The floppy hats are useless for sun protection if there's any breeze. The front blows backward.
My ex wore ball caps all the time. I hated them, too. Makes them look like a big duck.

I can only wear knitted hats. Other hats simply don't fit. I have too much/too thick hair, and I have a big head to begin with.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:54 AM

3,057 posts, read 2,032,631 times
I have a smaller size head on a larger frame body and my whole life I've tried to wear a hat and it just looks bad on my face. IMO I'd have to have bigger, poofier hair style to make any hat look decent on me. I envy women who can wear a hat well, especially church lady hats, I LOVE those along with the whole ensemble. Also love looking at royal weddings where ladies wear hats.

Some men do look better in a hat but my spouse has never been interested except for sun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty