Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times

Advertisements

This might have already been brought up some time ago but I coudnt find it, so, here we go. Just 'because' Im nosey.
How many of you prefer a bath or shower? And who prefers bar soap to body wash?
Myself, it doesnt matter, as long as I shower or bathe before going to bed so all I have to do is get up and get dressed in the morning. I know that as a kid I used to get in and get out in less than a minute...what the heck can you do in a minute, surely not wash very good! But then, it really didnt matter as much as it does now.
As far as soaps go, for the most part Ive always used Ivory bar soap, but occaisionally will use Dove just for a change, then go back to my Ivory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
I shower, only take baths when I'm really achy or feeling ill (maybe 2x per year).

I'm hooked on body wash (although, when they first came on the market I considered them an "extravagance").

My favorites are Dial (Spring Breeze? - it's blue), SoftSoap Milk & Honey and almost anything from Bath & Body Works (especially Aromatherapy Jasmine Vanilla & the Coconut Lime Verbena).

Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM

172 posts, read 769,217 times
I am a shower person. I use both soap and bodywash, depending on how I feel.

Soap - Dove and Ivory
Bodywash - Dial, Philosophy Raspberry Sorbet, and anything that has a nice scent. I tend to only use Bath and Body works when I get a gift certificate.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westindian View Post
I am a shower person. I use both soap and bodywash, depending on how I feel.

Soap - Dove and Ivory
Bodywash - Dial, Philosophy Raspberry Sorbet, and anything that has a nice scent. I tend to only use Bath and Body works when I get a gift certificate.
And when there's a good sale!

Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 AM

739 posts, read 2,186,449 times
A nice hot bath is more civilized.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:29 AM

468 posts, read 1,637,350 times
Anyone see Seinfeld when Kramer discusses taking baths? That's kinda how I feel too. haha.

As for soaps, I use a lot of Dial.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I prefer a hot bath...but I don't like to mess it up with soap, so I shower first. Lately I've been using body wash...because we can find body wash that's acceptable to BOTH of us...whereas not the same for soap.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:38 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Mainly we shower (quicker) and in our household, everyone has their "own" soaps and/ or body washes.
I prefer the body wash from either Bath & Body, Victoria's Secret...but lately have been using Mary Kay, which I really, really like.
I can't use soaps at all, no matter which kind it might be.
They just dry out my skin so much, making it feel tight, and in the worse case scenario .....I break out from them.
I love hot baths....but try not to "over indulge" in them either, since they too, dry out my skin to much.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Showers. And I used to be a "no-nonsense-bar-soap" person. Then I received a sample of CLEO SHOWER CREME WITH YOGURT (VANILLA) with a drugstore.com order a few years ago. Omygosh! I was hooked!! I've tried the other CLEO scents (Chocolate, Apricot, Honey, Cherry,etc) occasionally, but Vanilla is, hands down, the best. I've bought it on eBay but it's usually just as cheap on drugstore.com.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
I've always had a fondness for baths--even a bubble bath once in a great while--and definitely body wash/shower gel (soap, regardless of brand, leaves my skin dry and tight-feeling). I'm hooked on SoftSoap's Pure Cashmere...it's moisturizing, not too perfume-y, and it's affordable. When I indulge, it's Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shower gel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty