Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 04:07 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,561,655 times

Advertisements

A long time ago, during the Moonstruck phase and when I was still a brunette, someone compared me to Cher. She was a drunk, though, so I didn't put much stock in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 09:27 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,207,240 times
I used to get Christina Applegate all the time.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:41 AM

134 posts, read 116,759 times
About 30 years ago, teen girls thought I looked like Ricki Lake or Dan Aykroyd. Just over a decade ago, a woman on the other side of church made a point to come over to me saying I looked just like Patrick Swayze.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:48 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,954,561 times
they thought you looked like Ricki Lake...the female Ricki Lake? That seems odd, if you were also compared to Dan Aykroyd or Patrick Swayze.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:05 PM

In the face, they said I looked like her, so I assume like a brother or close relative. Was never thrilled with the Aykroyd comparison, but I was about 85 lbs heavier when compared with Swayze much later.

Now as far as sounding like someone, for years people said I sounded like Tom Brokaw which was probably true as I have a "radio voice" (I have been told that many times throughout the years).

Old 12-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson;59935530[B
]In the face, they said I looked like her, so I assume like a brother or close relative.[/b] Was never thrilled with the Aykroyd comparison, but I was about 85 lbs heavier when compared with Swayze much later.

Now as far as sounding like someone, for years people said I sounded like Tom Brokaw which was probably true as I have a "radio voice" (I have been told that many times throughout the years).

Why did that not occur to me? Duh. LOL I was genuinely confused.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:01 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,520,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
they thought you looked like Ricki Lake...the female Ricki Lake? That seems odd, if you were also compared to Dan Aykroyd or Patrick Swayze.

Ita....it made no sense to me, specially the Ricki Lake part if the poster is a man. BUT....I've been told Paige Spiranac & Scarlett Johansson a couple times when she had reddish blond hair. AND...I don't think they look alike.

Some ppl just say stuff like "you remind me of"....so it might not be about the exact looks but body type & a way about them....or even a style that we get compared to somebody well known. That can explain why they might be totally different IMO.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:36 AM

Well, I've seen women who looked like their father, but only in the face, obviously. As a man, I have to be very careful if I divulge something like this as it can be so easily misunderstood. As a result, I usually don't say anything unless I know the person really well.

Old 12-18-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post
Well, I've seen women who looked like their father, but only in the face, obviously. As a man, I have to be very careful if I divulge something like this as it can be so easily misunderstood. As a result, I usually don't say anything unless I know the person really well.

I used to get told that I looked just like my dad, so many times. I always smiled and said thank you, but on the inside I always thought "Great. They're telling me I look like a guy."

Then one day I was looking in a family scrap book, and I was looking at a picture of my dad from his Air Force days, when he was about the same age as me, looking at that picture, and Holy Crap! We DID look alike! Except he was the masculine version, and I was the feminine version. But yeah...I was clearly my dad's daughter, and I DID look just like him...except feminine. lol So I get it.

Old 12-18-2020, 11:26 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,520,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post

I'd be kinda mortified if somebody told me I looked like my dad...or any male celebrity or well known man. Ha, it's kinda rude, so you are smart to be careful about it IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty