Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 11:38 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,340,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Do you have a doppleganger out there somewhere? Have you ever been told you looked like someone famous? This is just for fun.

For me:

When I was younger, many times I was told I looked like Valerie Bertinelli
Also when I was younger, I was told I looked like Linda Ronstadt

More recently, my brother told me I looked like Roseanne Barr. (He's not my favorite brother anymore. ;-P)
Sassy-we must be dobblegangers too

Add in Pat Benatar (mostly my haircut at that time) and subtract Roseanne Barr--I was told I look like the same people.

I think it was my dark hair mostly. Who I looked like depended on the hair style at any given time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
Actually Liz Sheridan played the neighbor Mrs. Ochmonek on Alf. The mother (Kate Tanner) was played by Anne Shedeen. She was much younger than Liz Sheridan by about 20 years. So that's not bad at all.
No, the waiter found a picture of Liz Sheridan.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:31 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
What is weird is someone tells me I look like so and so or have a "twin", and I see them and I don't see it at all, or maybe just tiny resemblance. Even looking at a picture of myself and a picture of them, still don't see it. ?

Another thing about resemblances especially to celebrities, is that celebrities get plastic surgery and age so differently, so if you looked like some celeb at 25 you might look nothing like them at 40. A lot of female celebrities maintain low body fat as they age so their face loses a lot of fat, that totally changes a person's appearance. Then they may get facial fillers and still look quite different a la Madonna.

Old 10-30-2020, 06:03 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,259,409 times
Quote:
Do you have a doppleganger out there somewhere? Have you ever been told you looked like someone famous? This is just for fun.

For me:

More recently, my brother told me I looked like Roseanne Barr. (He's not my favorite brother anymore. ;-P)
Once I told a fellow cab passenger from work that she looked like whoopi goldberg. She got highly offended. I didn't think I said anything wrong, but apparently I did.

Old 10-30-2020, 08:17 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Once I told a fellow cab passenger from work that she looked like whoopi goldberg. She got highly offended. I didn't think I said anything wrong, but apparently I did.
People don't like when you tell them they look like mediocre looking people.

As for myself, I've been told everything from Long Duck Dong, to the guy from 21 Jump Street, to the guy from the Hangover.

Obviously, there's a pattern there. None of those guys looks anything alike.

As for me, it doesn't matter. Someone could say I look the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and it'd roll right off me at this point in life...

Old 10-30-2020, 10:17 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Never anybody famous. But I tend to look like, just like, peoples cousins or aunts. That’s what they always say, “you look just like my aunt Mary“

I once took an online quiz it would tell you who you look like and it came up with someone who is so not like me that I just couldn’t believe they even picked it and I can’t even remember who it was. It was like a bombshell kind of person. Like Scarlett Johansson. I’m 180° the opposite direction, I look like people’s aunts. I’m short, a little dumpy, wear bright colors with patterns, glasses, no make up, and I like my hair kind of wavy curly and doing its own thing. Yeah, Scarlett Johansson.

My husband on the other hand, was a dead ringer for Rainer Werner Fassbinder, a German director.

And my father one time went to Europe with my mother. And everywhere he went people thought he was Henry Kissinger.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:39 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Fabio and Einstein.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:

For me:

I won a contest at Englishtown raceway back in the late 80's for looking like a young Cheryl Tiegs.

I had a friend I hadn't seen since 2000 who died over 10 years ago. I found her daughter on Facebook a few years ago, thought she'd like some of the photos I had of her mom. She told me she wondered what happened to her mom's friend that looked like Helen Hunt. I can't understand that one.

At one time my hub had the hots for Jamie Lee Curtis and Melissa Etheridge. There was a time about 10 years ago where I thought I looked similar to Melissa.

Now, no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Funny... back in the 70s I dated a guy that looked just like Gregg Allman (during that same time frame). EVERYwhere we went he got hounded (Mostly Ct and upstate NY). Some would stare, others would come up and ask for an autograph, etc. It was an uncanny resemblance including the height and hair.
I would presume that ended whenever he cut his hair off, lol. I moved away so no idea how/if that progressed.
I dated a guy that looked like Andy Gibb.

I dated many men with that same type of look but Gregg will always be the only man I would have left my hub for. I have him on my ankle. About 10 years ago he played in Atlantic City. I signed hub and I up to pass out cards about his newest album. We got signed CD's. I had hoped we'd meet him too but we did not. I've seen Gregg about 4 times, he surely was not feeling well, it showed. I want my friend to ink his DOB/DOD and signature to his pic but between my health and my friends we just haven't made it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Many. Over the years -

Liv Ulman

Debby Harry (of Blondie)

Kieran Shipka (as a child) - Sally from "Madmen".

Dusty Springfield

Sissy Spacek

Brigitte Bardot

Stevie Nicks

Kathie Lee Gifford.
I loved Blondie all of my life. Love her older stuff that wasn't popular. Seen her in concert, even threw her a rose as she walked off stage. I was the typical tween/teen, at least one whole wall was filled with Blondie posters. I have so much memorabilia.

When working at my dad's station in Watchung NJ, there was a gal that owned a limo service. She was Debbie's twin. You could put them next to each other, wouldn't be able to tell them apart. With Debbie adopted, I always wondered if they were related.

Being blond, people used to call me Blondie, or call me it because I was into them. Back when I went to Maximum PC's forum, I used Blondie instead of Roselvr. Thought it would be fun to be the "Blondie" that knew how to build and work on PC's.

Last edited by Roselvr; 10-31-2020 at 03:26 AM..

Old 10-31-2020, 07:07 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,033 times
Yes. A couple people have independently said I remind them of Liev Schreiber / actor.
Lucky guy! Liev Schreiber is yummy.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:02 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,402,483 times
I’m from Southeast Asia, but my skin has become quite pale over time due to our dark terrible winters. So I doubt you guys would be able to compare my looks to a famous Hollywood actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty