Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 05:29 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times

Advertisements

Amazing background/history.

Stella Tennant, Aristocratic Model, Is Dead at 50
The granddaughter of Andrew Cavendish, the 11th Duke of Devonshire and Deborah Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, the youngest of the Mitford sisters, Ms. Tennant was directly descended from Bess of Hardwick, builder of the opulent Elizabethan manor, Hardwick Hall, and once reputed to be the richest woman in England.
https://trendingmonthly.com/stella-t...is-dead-at-50/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 08:22 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Amazing background/history.

Stella Tennant, Aristocratic Model, Is Dead at 50
The granddaughter of Andrew Cavendish, the 11th Duke of Devonshire and Deborah Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, the youngest of the Mitford sisters, Ms. Tennant was directly descended from Bess of Hardwick, builder of the opulent Elizabethan manor, Hardwick Hall, and once reputed to be the richest woman in England.
https://trendingmonthly.com/stella-t...is-dead-at-50/
I feel so badly for her family (especially her children who are far too young to have lost their mother) and wonder what happened to cause her death.

She and many of the other supermodels of the nineties era informed so much of what I considered to be beautiful when I was a young woman. My mother gifted me an annual subscription to Vogue when I was in high school and college; I used to pore over it from cover to cover and remember seeing Stella Tennant in many of the ads and layouts. She had such a classic yet unique look.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 01-05-2021 at 08:35 PM..

Old 01-07-2021, 05:11 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I feel so badly for her family (especially her children who are far too young to have lost their mother) and wonder what happened to cause her death.

She and many of the other supermodels of the nineties era informed so much of what I considered to be beautiful when I was a young woman. My mother gifted me an annual subscription to Vogue when I was in high school and college; I used to pore over it from cover to cover and remember seeing Stella Tennant in many of the ads and layouts. She had such a classic yet unique look.
Yup. Fashion mags of the 90s were an era like none other...She truly was a gem, and boy did she shine brightly.

Wow....RIP.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:17 AM

The news came through that Stella Tennant died by her own hand.

I had wondered if she had taken her own life, given that previous articles had mentioned that she'd struggled with depression and that she and her husband were going through a separation/divorce. Her family released the news of Stella's cause of death in hopes that it would help others who are struggling with mental health concerns to reach out for help.

My heart goes out to her family and other loved ones who were left behind because her pain had become too much for her to bear.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 01-22-2021 at 08:26 AM..

Old 01-23-2021, 07:04 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
That's extremely sad news...

Runway Tribute To Supermodel Stella Tennant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQONiGzdIU4

Old 01-31-2021, 02:36 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post

How great of your mother. I think that giving magazine subscriptions to kids are something all parents should do - but mostly don't.

Old 01-31-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
How great of your mother. I think that giving magazine subscriptions to kids are something all parents should do - but mostly don't.
My mother (both of my parents, really) are/were wonderful people were also big readers. There were always a few magazines laying around the house--Good Housekeeping, National Geographic (and the children's version, N.G. World), Highlights, Sassy, Seventeen, etc. Tons of books. They passed this love of reading on to their children. My siblings and I were so fortunate to have had them as parents.

I had an interest in fashion and later did a bit of modeling myself, so when I'd outgrown Seventeen magazine, graduating to Vogue was a natural move. Often, if I saw something in the magazine either in a layout or an advertisement that looked like it could be wearable out in the real world, she'd make it up for me as she's an excellent seamstress. As a matter of fact, my wedding dress was an altered Vogue design.

While my mother no longer gifts me Vogue, she still gifts me annual subscriptions to Reader's Digest and Better Homes and Gardens each Christmas.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:15 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,389,839 times
rest in peace

Old 01-31-2021, 08:10 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,852,246 times
Separated from husband of 21 years, in August?

Hmmm....

Old 02-05-2021, 08:10 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Fashion mags of the 90s were an era like none other.

What made fashion mags of the 90s like none other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty