Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 06:39 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Or at the least not wear them on a date? Wearing them to do chores around the house or run errands might be fine?

Maybe jeans are ok if they look sexy. It depends on the right cut, thought, right?

Most jeans on the market are targeted towards juniors though. In our 30s and beyond they become "Mom" jeans.

I struggle to find jeans that fit but also look sexy. My size is about a size 12.

The struggle is finding something that is comfortable but isn't all baggy around the booty and waist and thighs, or something that might be less a mom jean, but doesn't squeeze me and give me a muffin top while being a nice fit around the legs.

Nobody else relates to the struggle?

I will just try to find some nice long skirts with long side slits and kitten heels. Maybe I'll be scandalous and get some push up bras and just go all out with the cleavage area, if things get dire.
Whats up w your threads? I agree w Renee who posted...and it almost like you are posting to tell us your sex appeal options, size, curves, bras etc.

*realized thread moved to fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 07:21 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-18-2020, 07:26 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
On my first dates recently I have been wearing a dress, ballerina flats, and a sweater (since its winter). I think it has been a classy look, lady like, but not sending a message that I'm trampy (no cleavage, heels, figure revealing clothes, etc.).

The last date I was on the guy specified "casual attire please," so while originally I was going to wear a dress, instead I wore jeans and a sweater. I felt a little frumpy, yet also really comfortable, and I also think that made me more relaxed on the date, and I enjoyed it more, as opposed to dressing like I'm going to church.

It might have made him more relaxed too. I was just a normal woman he was hanging out with, instead of having this intimidating dressed up look, in a churchy dress.

Do you think one way is better?

I notice my personality changes a little too, depending on what I wear. In a dress I feel more reserved, it all feels more formal, its harder to relax and have fun, and that also crosses over into how the guy behaves on the date (less relaxed).

I also don't want to wear tight revealing clothes (though if I can say so myself I have a pretty nice figure I could really show off it I wanted to), because I don't want to send a certain message, that I am open for a hook up or ONS. Though I am hoping the guy notices my figure despite the jeans and sweater, though I am not trying to advertise it in his face either. But I am pretty sure guys have their eyes open to this stuff and will notice, regardless. When I excuse myself and walk to the restroom, I am pretty sure he's checking out my booty.

Any advice about what to wear on the first date? How to toe the line between advertising your assets, while not looking like you want a ONS, and not looking frumpy, and not looking overdressed which makes the whole situation kind of stiff?
Exactly right that your clothing may influence your behavior! A dress isn't automatically dressy, though. And you sound like you don't think there's any middle ground, and your only alternative was jeans.

I tend to wear nicely tailored pants. And there's no "despite" the jeans with your figure. Pants can show off your figure as well as, or better than, a dress.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:38 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,203,799 times
I'm pretty much a nudist. The sooner she gets comfortable with that the better

Old 12-18-2020, 08:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Maybe jeans are ok if they look sexy. It depends on the right cut, thought, right?

Most jeans on the market are targeted towards juniors though. In our 30s and beyond they become "Mom" jeans.

I struggle to find jeans that fit but also look sexy. My size is about a size 12.
OK, here you're thinking in extremes again. Jeans are either "mom jeans" or "sexy jeans". There's no in-between. I don't know what a "sexy jean" would be, but I see no need to buy mom jeans. That just seems odd.

Then another polar opposite type of characterization: jeans are either for juniors, or for moms. Nobody else. No jeans exist anywhere on the market for anyone but teens and moms. I don't know where you live, that the selection is so polarized, but I suggest you start reading fashion magazines. Not teen ones; ones for stylish adult women!

OP, what about aiming to look put-together and tasteful? Why does it have to be sexy? Especially on a first date?

Old 12-18-2020, 08:20 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
It is better to be over dressed than under dressed. So embarrassing to be the only one in jeans and runners while the rest are wearing suits and ties, dresses and bling. Much better impression.

Skirt and a feminine blouse but not cardigan, something leather or denim instead. Ditch the flats. A modest heel is better. Don't bother with those spikes! Everyone walks funny trying to stay up there and not twist the ankle.

You are just not used to wearing comfortable dresses. I don't even know if they make them anymore. I like dresses. I wear them at the knee with pull up stockings that have the band at the top and fit high up on your thighs. It is a shame woman don't wear dresses or skirts often anymore. To me they are so comfortable.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:28 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Regarding jeans themselves, they could be kind of hard to find, like the LBD (little black dress).

I really like the brand Wit & Wisdom. They're nice & don't break the bank. I have a few pairs & I'm not in my 20s anymore:

https://www.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=...wit&position=2

The brand they sell on HSN (Home Shopping Network) on TV by Diane Gilman aka DG2 aka the "Queen of Jeans" is nice & you can view the video for most of these styles...styles that you may not see in stores. I have several pairs:

https://www.hsn.com/search?store=&fa...l=all&view=all

The latest pairs I just bought were these at Macy's by the brand INC, which is a nice, modern brand & they have a nice flair:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/i...id=pdp_details

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/i...id=pdp_details

Leggings are a nice alternative too that you can dress up or down if you're sick of jeans all the time.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, here you're thinking in extremes again. Jeans are either "mom jeans" or "sexy jeans". There's no in-between. I don't know what a "sexy jean" would be, but I see no need to buy mom jeans. That just seems odd.

Then another polar opposite type of characterization: jeans are either for juniors, or for moms. Nobody else. No jeans exist anywhere on the market for anyone but teens and moms. I don't know where you live, that the selection is so polarized, but I suggest you start reading fashion magazines. Not teen ones; ones for stylish adult women!

OP, what about aiming to look put-together and tasteful? Why does it have to be sexy? Especially on a first date?
All of this.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:25 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I agree, why do we have to look sexy? If I'm meeting a man for coffee at Starbuck's for the first date, I'll wear jeans and a sweater especially if it's winter with snow on the ground. My aim on a first date isn't to "show my assets". That's kind of old school, isn't it? A man isn't stupid, he can see that a woman's body is in great shape, that she has a nice butt and maybe a nice face and smile. A woman can look nice without wearing a skirt with a slit up to her crotch or a skin tight top with cleavage showing. Personally I wouldn't wear all of that to a first date at Starbuck's.

A date took me to dinner a few years ago on Christmas Eve after church. It was cold out. Because we met at church first, I had on tights, a skirt, boots, and a pretty teal blue wool shirt. The whole outfit was ladylike and modest--not sexy. He took me to a local diner. He ended up being a so-so date and we didn't date long.

Basically I don't put my wares on display too early in the dating relationship. I think it's sleazy. And I also tend to match my appearance with his. If he's wearing jeans and a shirt, then I'm not going to put on a fancy dress and heels. If he wants to take me out on New Year's Eve to a show and comes over in a suit then yes, I'll put on a fancy sexy outfit and heels. Men tend to be very dressed down these days. This date showed up in sweat pants and sneakers on most of our dates. I refuse to dress up for someone like that.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:44 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
The last time I went on a date, I wore a dress cinched @ the waist with a belt, over leggings, with a pair of boots and a fabulous jacket. Hair done, nails done. Nice jewelry, perfume and a smile.

(I live in a big city though, so people are more inclined to dress nicely when going out.)

The only skin showing was my hands, neck, and face. And I still got him. lol

I already have my own "style" and fashion sense, so putting outfits together isn't hard. I always dress to impress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty