Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 10:57 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Subtly sexy"?! With the OP's body?? There would be nothing subtle about it! She said she didn't want to send the wrong message. A "keyhole" blouse with a large keyhole would definitely send a message. On that model, not so much. On a Kardashian---hoo boy! WAITER! We need a fire hose at table 6!
I don't think there's anything scandalous about the top... even if the OP has a large chest. It's stylish. She shouldn't have to wear a burka just because she's curvy... If you got it, flaunt it. I don't know what's so horrible about showing off your body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 12:06 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I don't think there's anything scandalous about the top... even if the OP has a large chest. It's stylish. She shouldn't have to wear a burka just because she's curvy... If you got it, flaunt it. I don't know what's so horrible about showing off your body.
Go back and read the OP''s first few posts. She explains why she doesn't want to show off her body on the first date.

Old 12-20-2020, 01:00 AM

735 posts, read 452,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
"Date nights" sound like you're married or with a well-established partner. Going on those first few dates with a new prospect may point to slightly different style of clothes.
I would wear a dress on the first date, second or later if we’re going to a dinner dates at nice restaurants. I usually only date men that I’ve known for awhile, so our first date was always a dinner at a nice restaurant. If we’re going on a hike or biking then I’ll be dressing in hiking or biking clothes. I would dress in jeans/sweaters if we’re going just to grab a quick bites for lunch or desserts at a casual place.

Old 12-20-2020, 01:38 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
As a man, I certainly would rather my date dress sleezy rather than frumpy. Sleezy is OK. I have absolutely NO problem with a date dressing sleezy, assuming she can pull it off. Bring it on. Sounds good to me.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:03 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
As a man, I certainly would rather my date dress sleezy rather than frumpy. Sleezy is OK. I have absolutely NO problem with a date dressing sleezy, assuming she can pull it off. Bring it on. Sounds good to me.
You have no idea what life is like for women. It's not that simple. But thanks for your sincerity.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:22 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
For me, it would depend on what we are doing on the first date. Usually it's casual such as coffee or lunch and in that case, I would just wear a nice pair of jeans with a cute top. If we were doing dinner I might wear a dress, nothing too sexy as I wouldn't want to be sending "I'm open to sex on the first date" message.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:24 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
In no way is Kim Kardashian a 4 or whatever she says. My guess is more 10, but more likely a 12. Especially in jeans.
Kim, Khloe, and Kylie all got BBLs and now their hips and butts are cartoonish.

None of them can buy off the rack. Their asses are so big they have to buy and have everything tailored.

I've seen Kim before, she's really tiny. There is no way she is 5'2.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:26 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
I gather from the posts I have read that OP is in her 40s. She should know how to dress by now. SMH.

One dresses for the occasion. What's the date - a baseball game or a five star restaurant, coffee or the governor's ball?

What's her normal attire? That should come into play. Is the idea to hook someone and then start living in sweatpants and a stretched out t-shirt?

As for showing off her figure, if it's good it will be obvious unless she works at hiding it. A turtle neck doesn't hide the fact that a woman has boobs, nor do jeans hide a nice butt. It's more important that the clothes fit well as in not too tight or too loose, ate clean and appropriate for the date activity. Men and women have been getting together since caveman skins inspite of all the various clothing styles since then.

Why do people make things so hard for themselves?

Old 12-20-2020, 02:42 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Kim, Khloe, and Kylie all got BBLs and now their hips and butts are cartoonish.

None of them can buy off the rack. Their asses are so big they have to buy and have everything tailored.

I've seen Kim before, she's really tiny. There is no way she is 5'2.
You think she's shorter than 5'2? If so, there's no way she's anywhere close to a size 10 or 12. She would literally look like a circle.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:10 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Thanks moongirl! You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
...I've seen Kim before, she's really tiny. There is no way she is 5'2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
You think she's shorter than 5'2? If so, there's no way she's anywhere close to a size 10 or 12. She would literally look like a circle.

I'm 5'3" & of course short people can't hold any weight w/o looking chubby already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty