Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 05:41 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
. . . after a couple of soaking (couple of months) the proud owner of selvedge jeans will smell like his horse. . . . https://bravestarselvage.com/pages/w...the-first-time
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Most people don't ride horses. Maybe $100 and up selvage jeans aren't for you . . . Japanese and American Selvage of good quality is meant to be soaked. Look on Youtube for instructions.
Quote:
1) . . . It is SELVEDGE not SELVAGE as you keep writing... even after I gently hinted on misspelling on your part in my previous post... "Selvedge jeans. Initially known as 'self-edge', the selvedge is the narrow , tightly woven band on both edges of the denim fabric. A selvedge end prevents the edge of the denim from unravelling and shows a clean, finished look. Old shuttle looms produce denim where selvedges are closed."

That's all I have to say about that.
The discrepancy in the spelling may have originated due to the fact that the company name is "Brave Star Selvage".

bravestarselvage.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 AM

403 posts, read 221,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The discrepancy in the spelling may have originated due to the fact that the company name is "Brave Star Selvage".

bravestarselvage.com
Yes, you are right.
I looked it up.
"Selvage" - being an American English and "Selvedge" - British English.

I hope OP chose her jeans by now 8O)

Old 01-28-2021, 12:16 PM

403 posts, read 221,707 times
Default Madewell flash sale event at Nordstrom Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Madewell is a good fit IMO because they have so many different styles...fits...& washes. I haven’t been to the Sf store in a super long time because of covid but I have a pair of stovepipe jeans in a vintage indigo that I LOVE for lounging at home. I like their super slim AND the Cali Demi boot styles too. You can’t possibly not find what you’re looking for IMO for your favorite style of jeans to fit perfectly.
For whoever is interested Nordstrom Rack started their Madewell flash sale event now. I am guessing it will not last long...
https://www.nordstromrack.com/events...9-248a07b50d44

Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
For whoever is interested Nordstrom Rack started their Madewell flash sale event now. I am guessing it will not last long...
https://www.nordstromrack.com/events...9-248a07b50d44

Thank you. Nordstrom Rack is an outlet...so selection might be limited...BUT prices can be super low if you find what you’re looking for. I also like the Madewell store in Westfield Centre & there is more selection of styles & sizes online ofc. You can also get $20 or $25 off for bringing in an old pair of jeans to recycle for insulation.

edit: if somebody wants to order from Nordstrom Rack tho...use the app. There are usually extra promotions running...$5 or $10 on top of the other savings.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 01-28-2021 at 01:43 PM..

Old 02-02-2021, 02:49 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
My husband loved Rustler (made by Wrangler) bootcut. He looked darn good in them too.

He couldnt understand why women's jeans were not as well made and inexpensive as his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty