Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Just buy something timeless. Trying to keep up with fashion trends is impossible, and totally overrated. I've been wearing frameless Silhouette glasses for about 25 years. Lightweight, lenses are big enough to be progressive, and they last. You might go take a look at RayBan frames, they have some pretty classic styles that never go away.
I like rimless too, for non-sunglasses. Or half-rims. There are rimless that come with different-colored components that you can mix and match, too; the sidepieces, bridge and ear-pieces. You can combine different colors. They're expensive; I haven't done the yet, but they're on my wish list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 05:57 AM

226 posts, read 158,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
The fashion is toward the large, now (Last week it was toward the tiny; week before that the enormous).

Does anyone remember the old Pearl Optical ad where they went back and forth between square and round frames?

IMO -women wearing those HUGE frames are not attractive at all. I don't get the fashion fad nonsense.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:47 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
I see people wearing large frames....way too big for their face. That seems to be the "in" style at the moment.

So, not wishing to be at all trendy, or SO trendy that i am consistent with the next trend, i just purchased medium sized, rounded, tortoise shell frames with black bows. The second pair is smaller and wireless with wired bows. No one is showing these styles now, so they must be about to become fashionable!

Definitely the square/rectangle frames that everyone has been wearing for the past few years has faded as a trend.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:27 PM

371 posts, read 556,037 times
Sometimes I see people with frames that don't fit their faces at all and I wonder if they were purchased online. I think it is important to try them on.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:52 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
I wear contacts mostly but have a "spare" pair of glasses just in case and if I need to take a break. I tend toward smaller frames or at least not heavy ones. I get headaches if they're too heavy - maybe because I'm more used to not wearing them?

Old 02-04-2021, 12:58 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Wearing the same makeup, hair style and fashions for decades are aging. You look like you are stuck in a rut, living in the past or have given up. I see middle-aged men, with rimless or wire rims, and it adds ten years to their faces. It doesn't cost much more to look like you are living in the current century.

I don't go to extremes but modify current trends in all things to suit me. Some people are slobs and that is their choice.

Old 02-04-2021, 04:05 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wearing the same makeup, hair style and fashions for decades are aging. You look like you are stuck in a rut, living in the past or have given up. I see middle-aged men, with rimless or wire rims, and it adds ten years to their faces. It doesn't cost much more to look like you are living in the current century.

I don't go to extremes but modify current trends in all things to suit me. Some people are slobs and that is their choice.
Everyone makes their own fashion choices and it shouldn't matter.

I say get whatever glasses go best with your face and personal style. The gigantic lenses are in style now but they look goofy on me with my long narrow face. I instead have picked out a pair of cat's eye shaped lenses that are normally sized.

I don't think that a lot of people care that much what is "in". Having one's own style doesn't mean they have given up or are stuck in the past.

The trends aren't always flattering on everyone and some of us aren't interested in them. That doesn't make someone a slob.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:31 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
The former mayor of Dayton Ohio wore glasses that were square frame on one side and round frame on the other side. Different for sure.

Last year when I found out I had cataracts in both eyes, I bit the bullet and had lasix done as well. I went from being extremely nearsighted (my far sight was a blur) to the polar opposite. I no longer need glasses for distance and I can get by with Dollar Store readers.

I once met a woman at an art gallery who had a pair of glasses as in the picture and as Ron61 described. They were very cool. Had I not gone the lasix route I would probably sought out these....
Attached Thumbnails
What is the coming trend in eyeglass frames?-square-circle-glasses.png  

Old 02-04-2021, 06:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDavid View Post
IMO -women wearing those HUGE frames are not attractive at all. I don't get the fashion fad nonsense.
They're not meant to be attractive. It all started as an anti-fashion statement. Or a mocking of fashion. Then it became fashionable to look un-fashionable. Seriously! lol Now you can hardly get away from oversized frames. You really have to search to find optical shops that have a nice variety of small frames, among the vast number of big ones.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:34 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,863,645 times
I just want ones that are flexible, lightweight, and do not slip down my nose. I see a lot of people continually pushing their glasses up. Been there, done that, didn't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty