Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:35 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,396,053 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to pop in and say I hate jeans, skinny or wide legged! I'm a corduroy and yoga pants person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 11:45 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,261,712 times
In style or not--if it fits and looks good--and I feel good in it--I wear it (whatever "it" is....) I'm built like a neolithic fertility goddess so I don't have too many options.....

Old 02-10-2021, 12:09 PM

67,655 posts, read 60,260,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Mom jeans are what are in style. I personally like them as long as they aren't 100% cotton.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like them because they look so good with Manolos or my Golden Goose.

FWIW Cary Grant's suits always looked so good because they were custom made and hand stitched for him. A gorilla would have looked good in those suits. A little trivia, Cary Grant always wore his own clothes in his movies because his stuff was far superior to the wardrobes the studios offered.
OK, Cary Grant STYLE - as in not fitting like a tight little suit that's a year too small for a preteen! I am sick of all these little clothes.

Plus, I'm a tall woman with long legs so a short little jacket looks really silly on me. I suffered through this a few years ago and unfortunately it looks like short skimpy jackets are coming back around for women too. UGH.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:12 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,005,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Plus, I'm a tall woman with long legs so a short little jacket looks really silly on me. I suffered through this a few years ago and unfortunately it looks like short skimpy jackets are coming back around for women too. UGH.
Oh girl, most of us want long legs! Designers build clothes for women with long legs!

Old 02-10-2021, 02:01 PM

4,087 posts, read 2,520,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, Cary Grant STYLE - as in not fitting like a tight little suit that's a year too small for a preteen! I am sick of all these little clothes.

I love those short little jackets (fellow Amazon here). The ones that I kept around from the last time 'round are still stylish as are my longer vintage velvet blazers. I style them in different ways and often receive compliments when wearing them.

It's one of the advantages of clothing styles for grown ups not changing overmuch since the late nineties-early 2000s.

As far as jeans are concerned, it's difficult enough for me to find ones that have a long enough inseam (and don't gap at the waistline), so I don't really worry overmuch about whether or not my close-fitting straight and bootcut jeans are still stylish enough to be worn in public.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:31 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,203,793 times
Quote:
Mom jeans are what are in style. I personally like them as long as they aren't 100% cotton.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like them because they look so good with Manolos or my Golden Goose.

FWIW Cary Grant's suits always looked so good because they were custom made and hand stitched for him. A gorilla would have looked good in those suits. A little trivia, Cary Grant always wore his own clothes in his movies because his stuff was far superior to the wardrobes the studios offered.
Yeah...I'm not paying $250 for ANY pair of jeans, and especially not for some as faded, holey, and thin looking as THOSE!

Old 02-10-2021, 07:09 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,356,635 times
Like many things, people should buy for the body they have, but often they do not.

Skinny jeans look nice, but only on 1% of people who wear them.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,005,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah...I'm not paying $250 for ANY pair of jeans, and especially not for some as faded, holey, and thin looking as THOSE!
What is expensive for one person may be reasonable for someone else. It isn't cool to try and shame someone for what they spend on anything.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:30 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,203,793 times
Quote:
What is expensive for one person may be reasonable for someone else. It isn't cool to try and shame someone for what they spend on anything.
Be my guest...I'm stating my opinion... But I'll spend my money on something else.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:32 PM

9,208 posts, read 4,991,497 times
Tim Gunn says 'fit, proportion and silhoutte' is how we should evaluate our clothing. Classic styles, but definitely adding your own flair. Buy what looks good on you and is age appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty