U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 03:11 AM

1,582 posts, read 4,383,822 times

Advertisements

I know weather plays a great role in people's preferences of clothing colors, but I've visited New York City in various parts of the year and Black seems to be the most popular clothing color, and I've visited Texas in various parts of the year and the Red/ White & Blue Combo is widespread all year. Likewise, trips to Florida always causes me to notice the bright tropical colors the ladies (and men) always don. Do warmer climates just bring out tastes in brighter colors for clothing? It can't only be to deflect heat thru lighter shades. Or do people often wear the local sport's team's colors subconsciously? Do you think it's weird to wear bright flashy colors in the middle of Seattle's gloom or the New England's cold? (Sometimes I roll my eyes when I'm home here in Seattle & everybody is draped in either blk, brown, taupe or grey).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,184,468 times
I think it depends on the seasons. I wear darker colors in the winter and fall, brighter in spring and summer. I LOVE color! Very rarely will I wear just black or brown.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 AM

520 posts, read 2,316,713 times
chicago probably has more orange cause of da bears

Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 AM

25,694 posts, read 24,612,170 times
Im sure it depends where you live, as mentioned. Im one who wears black one way or other, wherever I am.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM

845 posts, read 2,508,641 times
Here in Portland I see a lot of browns and blacks. I grew up in Florida and I like to wear my bright colors but it seems out of place here. If I wear something bright and colorful people here always comment on it.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 22,945,679 times
I heard this lady say once say that its Springtime...time to get the Spring colors out, and put away the dark colors.
Meh...I tend to want to lean to brighter colors in the Spring and Summer, but I don`t HAVE too.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 PM

110 posts, read 346,534 times
I sport my colors all year long and get the look most of the time when it's 2 feet of snow outside and I'm in bright pink or orange! I do think it does have a lot to do with where you live. If you are "covered" with snow six months out of 12, you don't have the passion to deal with it, kinda waiting for it to go away so you can defrost and put on your sandals, bright sundress and be on your way. Can't wait for it, then I'll go really crazy and colorful

Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 AM

1,234 posts, read 2,509,829 times
Where I live in FL, shades of blue and green seem to be really popular. Then again, I live in the middle of the ONF, which is full of trees and lakes. I've also noticed a lot of off-white and red.

Personally, it doesn't matter what time of the year it is. I used to wear all black because for some reason or another I was constantly freezing, even in the middle of summer. These days I wear a whole ton of colour, mostly of reds and greens (they compliment my ivory skin tone) and purple... because I adore purple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty