Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:40 PM

204 posts, read 1,485,062 times

Advertisements

I have less than an a cup and I cant imagine ever having a large chest. no bouncing when i work out yada yada. so asking when is small too small...hard to say. Im sure Im too flat chested for a lot of guys but I cant imagine having boobs lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 04:33 PM

254 posts, read 1,183,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL GET LARGER AGAIN IF I GAIN WEIGHT???

Yes, they are likely to get larger if you gain weight. My doctor has advised me to reach my expected "normal" weight (after having a baby and nursing ) and maintain it for a year before having the surgery, as large fluctuations in weight can result in changes in breast size.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 PM

110 posts, read 379,330 times
If your mind is made up, talk to your doctor, and get a few opinions if needed. It is what you need to do that will make you happy and feeling great that matters, and like someone posted before "guys are morons" I know women who have undergone the same just because it started giving them back problems, and they feel great. As far as "perfect" size, is there such a thing? I'm D cup, size 10 and on "taller" side, so it's all proportioned differently, I guess. I'm sure your doctor can give you an opinion, considering your, hight, weight, and so on. Good luck

Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 PM

5 posts, read 20,380 times
I have been an a cup and am now a c cup and I would never go back to the a. I know it is annoying when men stare like theyve never seen a pair of boobs before but try to ignore them, I know it's hard. Try switching up the styles of shirts you wear so it doesnt accentuate as much.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Im writing because I am contemplating a breast reduction. I am a size 8, and have a very large D chest. Im also a bit broad on top, and have very thin legs. I hate being stared at because I am so out of proportion, I hate guys of all ages gawking, I hate feeling self conscious about what I wear since most clothes don't fit me right. I want to be able to wear cute sexy tops and not have to tug on a strapless bra that doesnt stay up. Everything I like that I try on, wont even fit over my chest. Im in my 30's and married with our final child..My question is: How small is too small? How comfortable are you with your small or large chest. Im trying to get an idea of what size would be ideal, Im thinking a small B cup..Please share your thoughts and experiences
Oobie, I've always though a B was the perfect size. I'm wondering if going from a D to a B might be too drastic for you though??? ~ after being a D your whole life. I would research it and maybe talk with a doctor who can show you some before and after photos of women who went from a D to a C or B. Someone mentioned changing up your wardrobe a bit, I don't think that is gonna help when you specifically said you wanted to wear cute sexy tops, they are not so cute when your sporting a D cup, I know that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradandbrit View Post
Well, let me first say that that I think "One Thousand" guy was a little too opinionated. I don't think he really read what you wrote. I think a B sounds perfect for you. You have every right to walk around a store, mall, street and feel great inside and out! If your back doesn't hurt now, it might in the future. They also may get more saggy with time where if you get a reduction, you can have a lift and they will be perkier. I say skip the lipo, it might work out better in the long run to do the reduction.

You deserve whatever makes you feel great!

Good luck!
I agree, you deserve whatever makes YOU feel great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
You need to do what will make you feel healthy and happy. I'm small-breasted (B-cup), and while there are times I wish I had a bit more, overall, I like my little breasts! No sagging (gravity doesn't pull on small things the way they do on larger things!!!) and I can wear pretty much anything I want! And for some reason, I still get looked at all the time!
Again do what makes YOU feel happy!!

B is perfect in my opinion

Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,352 times
I'm a guy, since I know you'll be wondering. You say you are a size 8, but honestly I'm suprised no one asked how tall you are. (so... how tall?) The same size boobs on a 5'1" girl and a 5'8" girl are going to look different even if you're both size 8.

Guessing you are lets say 5'6", in my not quite expert opinion, I think going down to a B or smaller would be rather drastic. My wife is a 34B and they are great , but she's 5'2" and a 0. After our first kid they stayed at a pretty full C for a long time and honestly she was pretty top-heavy. That said, dropping to tiny A's would probably make her look malnutritioned, lol.

Also on the clothes-front, personally I have a hard time finding clothes to fit right off the rack. Yes I'm a man, but my wife has the same problem. Get yourself a tailor. A decent one should not cost too much but tailoring your clothes to actually fit you, let me tell you as a short, lean guy, it's worth a million bucks.

I would bet if you went to a small C or a bigger B you'd be happy with the results. It won't be enormously drastic and that's probably a good thing. But still enough to lighten you up top and make you look great.

p.s. As far as gaining weight goes, don't eat junk food .

Old 05-15-2008, 08:07 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
Since high school, (a long time ago), I've put on about twenty pounds. My chest has grown in proportion to the rest of me, but I wear minimizer bras. While my hubby loves the hourglass effect, I'm hoping that by dropping a few pounds, I can lessen the appearance of my chest. I too hate it when strangers stare. The ironic thing is, I didn't need a training bra until I was fourteen! The late bloomer thing......

Old 05-15-2008, 11:43 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
LOL I was too a late bloomer. Was flat as a board till I was a SR in HS! Then BAM! Soo many people assume my chest is fake, I hate that. To answer another post, Im 5'9- almost 5'10. Im going to do it!! Im going to ask to be a small B!! There is nothing that will make me happier

Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,373,512 times
Here's the kicker - did you know they can grow back? I was thinking about a reduction as well. My sister-in-law had the procedure and now, ten years later with wieght loss/gain, they are back.

As for switching to a minimizer bra - I don't know about some of you, but, to me, these are very uncomfortable bras.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
As for switching to a minimizer bra - I don't know about some of you, but, to me, these are very uncomfortable bras.
Well, yes.

Wish they'd make a minimizer panty. Oh wait, they do. It's called a girdle. Yikes!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty