Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 03:26 PM

16,390 posts, read 12,401,039 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much she's being paid by Victoria's Secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 03:29 PM

41,877 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
viral TikTok video
This is all I need to know about this issue. LOL

Old 03-27-2021, 04:22 PM

12,053 posts, read 10,224,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, does she wear it every day? If so, then I'd have to say: yes, chuck it after 6 months.

Aren't you supposed to change it every day, and have a 1-week rotation, give or take? If you only wear each pair once a week, why would you have to throw it after 24 wearings, or less, even (if y ou have more than a week's stash)?

I wonder if the author has done the math.
yea that is crazy

I have about a 6 week rotation!

Old 03-27-2021, 04:26 PM

12,053 posts, read 10,224,090 times
sounds like that lady has a personal health issue that she assumes all women have

She could just wear a lite thin sanitary pad and problem would be solved. No discharge left in the panties.

Old 03-27-2021, 04:48 PM

11,035 posts, read 6,584,311 times
That's pretty funny. If the elastic still holds and no stains, keep on goin'.

"They" say that about bras too. Every 6 months or some crap. Meanwhile, my ten-year-old holsters are doing just fine. But that's paying $70 or so, per.

Mindless consumerism!

Old 03-27-2021, 05:20 PM

6,421 posts, read 3,918,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
No, the answer is not complicated. TikTok dancer as a source of legitimate information? Right. Utter baloney. "Unseen" bacteria? Pretty much all bacteria is unseen without a microscope. If the laundry detergent/soap doesn't kill the bugs a dryer cycle will. I've noticed there's been a recent trend in laundry detergent advertising harping on "invisible" body soils on clothing. Another attempt to convince people they are unspeakably filthy and to sell them a newfangled something that will make them acceptably clean.
Can't rep again, so-- this. How many people have died from these invisible criminals? (Everybody raise your hand if you've ever had health issues from wearing years-old underwear that have been properly changed and washed.) LOL. (I mean, if a person has an infection, or a parasite, then yeah, undies should be well-laundered, but I hope they are anyway... I'm trying to remember if I've ever heard a person has to throw out their underwear after having a yeast/bacterial vaginal infection, or some sort of intestinal parasite... even if so, that's still a one-off thing, not a regular worry {hopefully}.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
My feeling is that either I need to change my underwear every day, or change whatever else I was wearing on the bottom every day. And it's a lot easier to wash a few pairs of underwear than to be constantly washing my jeans.

Do you rewear jeans/sweats/shorts or whatever after wearing them all day with no underwear?
That's what I've never understood about the strict "regimental under a kilt!" crowd (besides the "you're allowing bare wool WHERE???" thing): as annoying and expensive as dry cleaning is (especially since with a kilt, you have to baste the pleats before cleaning, and then either press it yourself or possibly be charged by the pleat for pressing by the dry cleaner), and as expensive as kilts are... no way I'm getting that thing cleaned any more often than necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
sounds like that lady has a personal health issue that she assumes all women have

She could just wear a lite thin sanitary pad and problem would be solved. No discharge left in the panties.
Plus... it's organic and water-soluble. And if she has bacteria going on down there that she is that worried about, she probably needs to see a doctor about that.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:33 PM

4,850 posts, read 3,626,344 times
I usually restock my husband's underwear every six months or so. He gets all manners of stains on the tee shirts and jockeys. Socks too. No amount of hot water and bleach will get them clean looking or white.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:54 PM

3,054 posts, read 2,362,914 times
"Not all bacteria, pathogens and fibers can be removed during washing!" she explained in another text box.

By that standard, you should wear your underwear only once.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:12 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,797,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I've never heard of this. I still use underwear I purchased years ago and only throw away underwear that is not useable (no longer fits).

I'm the same way with all my other pieces of clothing. I don't spend much money on clothing at all, and I also still wear stuff I bought many years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/do-y...201214780.html
Hey Guy, why would you give enough credence to a Tik Tok dancer with an obviously fake name to even consider this a valid question, much less start a topic about it here?

Old 03-27-2021, 06:40 PM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,you do not HAVE to wear underwear.

I do not unless I am at work or it is that time of the month.
Well, then you'd have to throw away your pants after 6 months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty